2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah your right on that, just for building stamina, fitness that's about it.
I thought it was the wrong move because of the score at the time but I was glad to see the lad come on the first tiny step to what is hopefully a successful return to playing consistently for the Blues after a very hard long painful and stressful road to getting back to where he is now, come on lad make that tiny step into strong running games in the future, for Everton.

I'm still not clear on what this formation is, or how it's at all similar to what we were running other than the fact that you're playing the four center backs at the back. Richarlison was never in midfield for that setup, so I don't understand what you're proposing that you say Ancelotti missed as an option.

It seems like a relative risks problem to me. The risk with bringing Gbamin on is that he plays poorly due to the long absence. The risk with bringing King on and changing the formation is shipping a goal during the adjustment under heavy pressure from Palace. The latter sounds to me like the type of risk that van Gaal might run, but never Ancelotti.

Why do you want to bring King on? I don't see how going three at the top was going to get an insurance goal with Rodriguez off and DCL misfiring. If the Coleman sub was the error, shouldn't Ancelotti just replace Rodriguez with Gbamin, leave Godfrey on the bench and forego the third sub? Or are you saying that one of DCL/Richarlison should have made way?
I’m saying I don’t thing the Gbamin sub for James was a problem. Replacing Coleman with Godfrey was more of an issue.
Im not making a case for King, but we probably should have gone to four in CM with Richarlison going wide left, or try to neutralise their threat on the right by using Richarlison or King there.
Given the performance of our forwards there is a case that perhaps King should have replaced one or other of them.

I thought it was the wrong move because of the score at the time but I was glad to see the lad come on the first tiny step to what is hopefully a successful return to playing consistently for the Blues after a very hard long painful and stressful road to getting back to where he is now, come on lad make that tiny step into strong running games in the future, for Everton.
Yeah agree, like I've said before, bring him on when we are a few goals up next time.lol
Better for us in the long run though, that he is getting minutes, for both him and the club.

Made up he's recovered, but not sure how I feel about this. Could just be past signings, but every time I hear one of our players talk about Everton being a family, I hear "all aboard the efc gravy train!".
We all know it's a family oriented club, would we expect him to say anything else.lol Footballers do tend to state the obvious.

Not in the training video today - hope he hasn’t picked up a knock. Would be good for him to get a run of appearances in the squad until the end of the season.

Not in the training video today - hope he hasn’t picked up a knock. Would be good for him to get a run of appearances in the squad until the end of the season.
He missed training out of respect for Phil the Greek. They formed a special bond in the cryo chamber sessions over the last 2 years.

tenor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.