2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be seeing any comparisons to other players. Lads had two injuries back to back. You cannot compare two different players. VVD may well be back before him, and be thrown straight in without a problem, he may get thrown in and have a reoccurance.

We have seen Lucas Digne be ruled out for a period of time only for his body to say 'lets speed this up' and recover alot quicker than expected, but also have no reoccurrence of it. Every player will be different. We've already seen Gbamin have a huge set back through being rushed back, taking their time is the wisest option.

Shouldn't be seeing any comparisons to other players. Lads had two injuries back to back. You cannot compare two different players. VVD may well be back before him, and be thrown straight in without a problem, he may get thrown in and have a reoccurance.

We have seen Lucas Digne be ruled out for a period of time only for his body to say 'lets speed this up' and recover alot quicker than expected, but also have no reoccurrence of it. Every player will be different. We've already seen Gbamin have a huge set back through being rushed back, taking their time is the wisest option.
There is no reason to throw him in. Taking time is the wisest and only option.

There is no reason to throw him in. Taking time is the wisest and only option.
Yup,

Not like we are missing him (as harsh as it sounds), we havent seen him on the pitch so we dont know what we would be missing. So give him time, get his head right, get his body right, ease him into first team training this season, pre-season ease him into proper matches, see how we go.

Tall and strong midfilder could prove to be a real useful option in rotation and being an anchor-man infront of the back four.

Yup,

Not like we are missing him (as harsh as it sounds), we havent seen him on the pitch so we dont know what we would be missing. So give him time, get his head right, get his body right, ease him into first team training this season, pre-season ease him into proper matches, see how we go.

Tall and strong midfilder could prove to be a real useful option in rotation and being an anchor-man infront of the back four.
He is supposed to be a powerful CM, so could be a real bonus. Just don’t want to push his return if he isn’t ready.

Yup,

I’ve not written him off yet, really hope he can have a career here. Horrific injury, one of the worst you can do. Tendons and ligaments heal so badly, better off snapping a bone.

The only issue I have is the clubs reluctance to really give any information on him at all. Theres no interviews, pictures, nothing. I've got nothing against Gblammo whatsoever but the club really should be doing more to ingratiate him to us.

Personally I couldn’t care less that the club is not issuing daily reports or pictures of Gbamin and his recovery. I have never had to rehabilitate a professional footballer so I don’t really think I am qualified to give anyone advice on this matter. Main thing for me is he gets every opportunity to get himself fit and able to play. If that is next season then so be it.
I want him playing in a midfield with Allan and Doucoure winning games and hopefully trophies.

The only issue I have is the clubs reluctance to really give any information on him at all. Theres no interviews, pictures, nothing. I've got nothing against Gblammo whatsoever but the club really should be doing more to ingratiate him to us.
For me, silence is the best policy until there is something to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.