2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said about a month ago that there HAD to be a setback and was lambasted because "CaRlO would have said so" except that they keep on changing his timeline. Nobody questions it.

Carlo said 2 weeks ago he would be training with the first team in about 2 weeks and, here we are 2 weeks later, now they "don't know". Carlo said in November he'd be back in December. How is that not terrible communication from the club?
Well maybe it's a complicated situation. Might be a mental thing after being out so long. He might have been giving them timelines but then deciding he isn't ready. So now they have just reverted to "we don't know".

I said about a month ago that there HAD to be a setback and was lambasted because "CaRlO would have said so" except that they keep on changing his timeline. Nobody questions it.

Carlo said 2 weeks ago he would be training with the first team in about 2 weeks and, here we are 2 weeks later, now they "don't know". Carlo said in November he'd be back in December. How is that not terrible communication from the club?
I don't think there was intent to mislead regarding any perceived miscommunication, there'd be no point. Sometimes stuff just happens and other times stuff happens slower than predicted.

Well maybe it's a complicated situation. Might be a mental thing after being out so long. He might have been giving them timelines but then deciding he isn't ready. So now they have just reverted to "we don't know".
Of which it makes sense. But the whole "two weeks" that comes out every 2 weeks doesn't help in the slightest.

If there had been any setback, the club would have said so, they also would have got a crap ton of unneeded backlash from fans on the lad. End of the day its on the player and the player alone if he feels ready to jump back into contact training which can't be an easy hurdle to overcome after an achilles injury coming off the back of coming back from a quad injury

But, he's not really. He's kind of perpetuating this by saying that he'll be back in first team training "in 2 weeks" for like 3 months solid now.

Maybe he was wearing that fake head from total recall??

DC8A801D-2010-4205-BD39-9EEF71F11B39.jpeg

There’s an odd glee some have when writing him off so quickly. Maybe it’s another boost in for the anti Brands brigade, but I don’t get why anyone would want the player to be finished so we can get rid. He’ll probably play before the end of this season and then he’ll hopefully be playing next season. We can’t sell him as no one would buy him and if we just ‘get rid’ then we have to go and spend on a replacement when no one knows how good he is or not.

There’s an odd glee some have when writing him off so quickly. Maybe it’s another boost in for the anti Brands brigade, but I don’t get why anyone would want the player to be finished so we can get rid. He’ll probably play before the end of this season and then he’ll hopefully be playing next season. We can’t sell him as no one would buy him and if we just ‘get rid’ then we have to go and spend on a replacement when no one knows how good he is or not.

Don't know if many are like that, I think they just see it being inevitable. Not that the feller isn't a good player, but that the long term injuries and the nature of the league... people feel that it just won't work out for him.

It's a shame.

And Cazorla. He was out for almost 2 years (and nearly lost his foot) but came back and played 86 games in 2 seasons for Villarreal, even getting back into the Spain squad. And he was 33 when he returned as opposed to 25.

Different league, less physical, better weather, winter breaks etc.

We'll see.

Don't know if many are like that, I think they just see it being inevitable. Not that the feller isn't a good player, but that the long term injuries and the nature of the league... people feel that it just won't work out for him.

It's a shame.

Carlo has said he will be back. What’s the harm in making sure he’s completely ready? We have no reliance on him whatsoever. He’ll more than likely be ready for next season.

Carlo has said he will be back. What’s the harm in making sure he’s completely ready? We have no reliance on him whatsoever. He’ll more than likely be ready for next season.

Absolutely. Hope he's fit and ready to go.

I'm just unsure that even when he is fit and ready that this league wont punish him physically.

Hope the fans give this guy a chance, its going to take him a good few games before his even going show how good he can be. (when his back fit)

Status
Not open for further replies.