2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we do then mate, sell him whilst injured (not likely), or wait for him to get fit, again, and then sell him?
Im abit late with the reply here but id try and sell him when he does eventually (if ever) get fit. Never mind the physical damage the injuries will have done to him but the psychological damage will more than likely turn him into a completely different player than he was when we bought him. I feel for the lad, you get your dream move and it goes down the shi*ter, we still have to be more ruthless as a club and selling a player in that type of situation goes hand in hand with being ruthless.

I don’t know if he is a good player because I have not seen enough of him. The thing is, I’m beginning to think I may never see enough of him to judge. This really is an unprecedented catalogue of setbacks for a man who was supposed to be out for 8 weeks with his original injury.

Can’t even blame the club for mishandling his rehab in this most recent setback, as it seems it is a completely new and different injury.

My brother informed me he has another serious injury?

Such has been my interest in football during lockdown, which is none at all, I had no idea.

Surely now, the summer business of 2019 has to rival the worst ever. The club has thrown away multiple millions on absolute muck recently.

My brother informed me he has another serious injury?

Such has been my interest in football during lockdown, which is none at all, I had no idea.

Surely now, the summer business of 2019 has to rival the worst ever. The club has thrown away multiple millions on absolute muck recently.

....it would’ve been difficult for Brands to see into the future he signed Gbamin.

Last edited:

Wasn't the second surgery for the original thigh injury to remove scar tissue from earlier injuries? Isn't that the sort of thing medicals are supposed to uncover? Genuine questions, not being sarcy.
Yes indeed, but they can’t predict the future.

Wasn't the second surgery for the original thigh injury to remove scar tissue from earlier injuries? Isn't that the sort of thing medicals are supposed to uncover? Genuine questions, not being sarcy.
A medical isn’t going to involve a surgical inspection of every single piece of connective tissue. That injury was a long time ago and he’s played lots of games on it with no one knowing about any scar tissue. Just bad luck all round this one

Yes indeed, but they can’t predict the future.
A medical isn’t going to involve a surgical inspection of every single piece of connective tissue. That injury was a long time ago and he’s played lots of games on it with no one knowing about any scar tissue. Just bad luck all round this one
Don't they use MRI imaging to look at old injuries to check that they have resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.