2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So so Everton this lol, you cant even make stuff like this up with us, as you know if you do - it become's true,we never seem to get any luck us

Wouldn't it cover something like this? I'm sure Michael Owen was having his wages paid by the insurance when he was injured at Newcastle. It was an issue when the Chairman told him to hide when people were at the training ground in case the insurance payments for his wages stopped.

I was always under the impression that it only covered for career-ending or death. Of course I dont have access to any policies, so im probably wrong.

Im not sure what you think insurance covers but as far as I know it doesnt cover transfer fees or injuries for that matter, it basically just covers wages if they sustain a career-ending injury.
Having a deep squad full of talent should be the insurance. At least his wages are covered or a large chunk will be.

No idea about him as a footballer or person and was looking forward to see him get involved in the first team. I wish him a speedy recovery. Hopefully one day he'll be proving his worth and All this will just be a bad memory for the lad.

Imagine what a premium would look like that covered wages for every player a team had injured?

Thats why I reckon it doesnt cover "minor injuries".
Oh it would be hideous and imagine the hoops you'd have to go through to get it paid out. A nightmare.

As frustrating as this is, I think people are overreacting.

It's awful, absolutely awful for any player but for one who hasn't had a chance to build up any standing at his new club yet it must be horrendous. He will be absolutely distraught over this after rehabbing for months on end only to have to go back to the start.

He hadn't been playing though so it's not like we'll miss him in the immediate sense. We were going to sign a new midfielder in the summer somehow anyway and it wasn't as if he was going to play much in the 9 remaining games given how long he's been out.

These things happen and sometimes it's not anyone's fault regardless of who you'd like to blame it on.

Im not sure what you think insurance covers but as far as I know it doesnt cover transfer fees or injuries for that matter, it basically just covers wages if they sustain a career-ending injury.
Injury risk is absolutely something insurers are able to and do underwrite for clubs. It’s likely primarily used for wages or medical expenses but I’m fairly sure you could negotiate a policy around transfer fees as well. Whether that’s done, I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.