2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer 2019:

Marcel Brands on his mobile: "Hey Jean-Philippe, schorry to dischturb yoor holidaysch, for schoor. Are you fit to schign for Everton FC?"

Gbamin - feet up at a pool, ice packs all over his legs: "Well, it's been a long AFCON, and I've played lots of games this season and I'm still a bit sore...."

Marcel Brands: "Welcome to Everton FC."
Tbf Dave, "Before joining Everton Jean-Philippe Gbamin had been injured for 141 days total. (Since 10th May 2013). Since Jean-Philippe Gbamin joined Everton he has been injured for 285 days (and counting)."

Stolen from a Tweet I seen

Heartbreaking, but I really don’t see how this is Brands’ fault. The lad had little to no major injuries before he came here, got thrown in too early when he had said so himself then gets a freak injury in training that wasn’t deemed serious enough for surgery by the previous medical team.

Devastated for the lad that's what the second day back training and he has another serious injury? Devastated for us too. It's back to Gomes and one other who isn't good enough again. We have to buy two midfielders this summer we cannot go on with such a poor midfield.

I think he's absolutely goosed and they've continually underplayed it.

I don't think it's our physio setup being negligent/he's had incredible bad luck.
Is it putting pressure on his other muscles from his last injury that has caused this new injury? Just seems rotten bad luck to me he should have been eased back very very slowly no full training.

Status
Not open for further replies.