2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have no idea if this fella is going to make a difference to our team or not. Some folk on here are convinced he's the difference between Europe and relegation and others are sure he's a terrible waste of money. All based on 1 1/2 games in blue (and, of course, the usual gaggle who will claim to have seen him play twenty times in the Bundeslige)! Given his injury situation I think it's very unlikely he'll make much of an impact this season but hopefully the first group of experts are correct and he'll be dominating the midfield next season.

I honestly have no idea if this fella is going to make a difference to our team or not. Some folk on here are convinced he's the difference between Europe and relegation and others are sure he's a terrible waste of money. All based on 1 1/2 games in blue (and, of course, the usual gaggle who will claim to have seen him play twenty times in the Bundeslige)! Given his injury situation I think it's very unlikely he'll make much of an impact this season but hopefully the first group of experts are correct and he'll be dominating the midfield next season.

Blind faith is always better than no faith.

Surely its not that hard to have watched him twenty times in the Bundesliga.

I mean it is 2020.... it's not like people have to watch grainy footage of Sgorio on S4C any more.

Sgorio was boss by the way...

Surely its not that hard to have watched him twenty times in the Bundesliga.

I mean it is 2020.... it's not like people have to watch grainy footage of Sgorio on S4C any more.

Sgorio was boss by the way...
If people are watching 20 Mainz games you have to assume they are also watching Hoffenheim, Frankfurt and FC Koln matches and obviously they'd be watching Bayern and Dortmund matches. In short to speculatively watch 20 Mainz games over the three years Gbamin played there I estimate that an individual would have to have watched 150 or more Bundeslige games in the same period. Over that period, for example, if the average premier League fan wanted to watch an equivalent team to Mainz, Crystal Palace for example, would have to do the same. Have you watched 20 Crystal Palace games in the last 3 years, let alone 20 Mainz games? I call BS on anyone who claims to have had extensive knowledge of Gbamin before we signed him.

If people are watching 20 Mainz games you have to assume they are also watching Hoffenheim, Frankfurt and FC Koln matches and obviously they'd be watching Bayern and Dortmund matches. In short to speculatively watch 20 Mainz games over the three years Gbamin played there I estimate that an individual would have to have watched 150 or more Bundeslige games in the same period. Over that period, for example, if the average premier League fan wanted to watch an equivalent team to Mainz, Crystal Palace for example, would have to do the same. Have you watched 20 Crystal Palace games in the last 3 years, let alone 20 Mainz games? I call BS on anyone who claims to have had extensive knowledge of Gbamin before we signed him.

I don't think you need to watch a whole game to get a good overview on a player though do you? Watching their version of Match of the Day or whatever with the odd full game here or there would suffice.

Personally I don't intentionally watch any mens games that do not involve Everton these days but its not outside the realms of possibility for people to take in a lot of football either, I used to watch any old crap if it was on.

Mainz are on BT fairly often.

He might simply have been a fan of Mainz.

Status
Not open for further replies.