2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be fine given a bit of time. Thrown into the deepend when he probably didn’t expect to get any minutes.

Thought he got stuck in and handled the ball well on a couple of occasions. Misplaced a few passes but it's largely to be expected in a new league, brand new team and in terrible windy conditions.

He'll turn out decent I think.

I would say the most negative thing about today is how much we are potentially relying on him over the next few weeks. A lot of pressure for a player that doesn't look ready yet.

Already some people are moaning and calling him a crap waste of money, bore off and leave him alone.

The lad said himself he wasn't fit to be playing this week yet he was slung in against a physical side like Palace in horrible weather to boot. A baptism of fire for any young player in a new country, especially considering his midfielder partner went and got himself sent off not long after.

Support the lad instead of just writing him off immediately.

are people really slating him, chucked on with no pre season while also being his first time playing in the Premiership
lads?
We can only comment on what we've seen, and that wasn't good. Doesn't mean he won't turn out great, but it's ok to say he was bad today.

He was decent, lots to improve but that will come with time. Forced into the team with little practice, away, first PL match, at a decent side. It's not like he Gylfied--I mean ghosted--or he grabbed a pair of yellows and a sixer of Kronenbourg for the bus ride home.

Let's not write the guy off ey?

He had a couple of dangerous lapses but otherwise I think he looks handy on the ball, good interplay at times with the four in front of him. Think he looks a player personally.

Already some people are moaning and calling him a crap waste of money, bore off and leave him alone.

The lad said himself he wasn't fit to be playing this week yet he was slung in against a physical side like Palace in horrible weather to boot. A baptism of fire for any young player in a new country, especially considering his midfielder partner went and got himself sent off not long after.

Support the lad instead of just writing him off immediately.

True. But his positional sense was very concerning too, he never seemed to be in the middle - which can't be attributed to not being fit enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.