Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBH £30m for any half-decent midfielder with his profile is peanuts in this market, when you see some of the silly money that is being thrown around. Seems a good piece of business for us. I can't wait to see him pinging balls around.

TBH £30m for any half-decent midfielder with his profile is peanuts in this market, when you see some of the silly money that is being thrown around. Seems a good piece of business for us. I can't wait to see him pinging balls around.
Was it as much as that? I thought it was around the 25m mark. Time will tell if it was good business.

Jug ears after another photo op.

@davek

source.gif

Welcome, Bama. Looking sharp in that suit. Got a feeling our first choice pairing in a midfield 2 will be Bama and Delph, with Gomes playing in the games we need more creativity and to defend less.
I can’t see Gomes not starting considering he played for the most of last season and for a fair chunk of it being one of our better players
Weirdly, I think a midfield three of Gomes, Gbamin and Delph would be really balanced and effective defensively and offensively, but it accommodate that you’d have to drop Sig from the number 10 role which just isn’t going to happen
Silva has some decisions to make that’s for sure

I can’t see Gomes not starting considering he played for the most of last season and for a fair chunk of it being one of our better players
Weirdly, I think a midfield three of Gomes, Gbamin and Delph would be really balanced and effective defensively and offensively, but it accommodate that you’d have to drop Sig from the number 10 role which just isn’t going to happen
He could play a diamond 442 (4312)
Gbamin anchoring, Delph and Gomes either side, Sig at top of diamond, and Kean and Richarlison the front two
But I don't think this fits how Silva wants to press.

Injuries and suspensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.