January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably we’d never heard of him when he was going for 1m in the summer?

Just seen the link myself, its a strange one isnt it?

Lyon bottom of the table have some very good players. Rayan Cherki the stand out I think as a two footed French u21 attacking midfielder who can also play wide.

They just dont seem to have goals in them even with a 32 year old Lacazette.

Never heard of this irish chap before the link, seems massive though 1.97metres :eek: thats slightly taller than branthwaite.

Just seen the link myself, its a strange one isnt it?

Lyon bottom of the table have some very good players. Rayan Cherki the stand out I think as a two footed French u21 attacking midfielder who can also play wide.

They just dont seem to have goals in them even with a 32 year old Lacazette.

Never heard of this irish chap before the link, seems massive though 1.97metres :eek: thats slightly taller than branthwaite.
He is rated as being fairly decent so I would be surprised, possible Branthwaite replacement maybe?

I know clubs get things wrong from time to time but I find it quite hard to believe with all the metrics clubs keep Palace let a young talent of anything approaching PL level go for 1m last summer.
Just read an article which suggests that basically numerous offers were on the table for him, Palace were not ready to play him so felt the best course of action was a sale.

I would enquire about Walker-Peters. Covers both RB and LB and would be an instant RB starter. Offer them Patterson on loan in return. Win win.
Walker Peters is one that I would keep for next summer...Southampton would ask far too much in January as no real need to sell. In the summer, and if Southampton don't make it back to the premier league, he could be available for a low fee considering his contract finishes in 2025.

Just read an article which suggests that basically numerous offers were on the table for him, Palace were not ready to play him so felt the best course of action was a sale.
Fair enough. I guess maybe they’ve covered themselves with sell ons etc. Another one though we’d end up having to spend way more than they went for months ago, becoming a habit.

He is rated as being fairly decent so I would be surprised, possible Branthwaite replacement maybe?

I know clubs get things wrong from time to time but I find it quite hard to believe with all the metrics clubs keep Palace let a young talent of anything approaching PL level go for 1m last summer.

Its very odd, hes right sided so wouldnt be a direct Branthwaite replacement. Godfrey or keane would make more sense.

But its odd his fee was so low + never heard of him before today and lyon are bottom...so is it just random paper talk?

Well, to be fair the talk was the approval of the 777 sale would happen prior to the end of the year, which means they would be full owners by the time the January window rolled around. I can see them going for some cheap players, but cant see them spending a lot.

Well, to be fair the talk was the approval of the 777 sale would happen prior to the end of the year, which means they would be full owners by the time the January window rolled around. I can see them going for some cheap players, but cant see them spending a lot.
I'm guessing nothing will happen with 777 until the outcome of the appeal is known.

Given that the takeover is dragging on, our next set of finances are likely to be scrutinised and the outcome of the appeal may not be known I just can't see anything other than loans.

I'm guessing nothing will happen with 777 until the outcome of the appeal is known.
I thought they already signed and filed the paperwork, and were just waiting for PL approval. I would be surprised if the PL reviewed the accounts of just buyers who might possibly buy a club if conditions were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.