January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think we hve a chance to bring in any players this window, just looks far to quiet for us when we really need more to come into the squad
Other than a very cheap loan at the end of the window, no.

We are skint. Plus, spending money on players probably wouldn't be a good look right now.

Even if we sell someone I expect most/all of that money would be used elsewhere.

Based on what? he has hardly played for ages and he really isn't all that, typical overhyped English player.
From the point of view he works hard and covers alot of ground, obv hasn`t played but that doesn`t mean he is no longer the player we saw at Leeds, he is exactly the type of player I imagine the Dyche/Thelwell player profile will be based around in that position...

From the point of view he works hard and covers alot of ground, obv hasn`t played but that doesn`t mean he is no longer the player we saw at Leeds, he is exactly the type of player I imagine the Dyche/Thelwell player profile will be based around in that position...
Sorry but I'm bored of players who 'work hard' that isn't an attribute imo, we need to start recruiting some players with an end product to their game, whether that's passing and creating stuff or sticking it in the back of the net. We should be trying to make the ball do more work in games, at the moment the team spends 3/4 of the game charging round like madmen and much of it is totally wasted running/energy and we wonder why the likes of Doucoure and Coleman have hamstring injuries. He wouldn't be one for me tbh

Sorry but I'm bored of players who 'work hard' that isn't an attribute imo, we need to start recruiting some players with an end product to their game, whether that's passing and creating stuff or sticking it in the back of the net. We should be trying to make the ball do more work in games, at the moment the team spends 3/4 of the game charging round like madmen and much of it is totally wasted running/energy and we wonder why the likes of Doucoure and Coleman have hamstring injuries. He wouldn't be one for me tbh
I`m in agreement with you, we do need some real quality especially wide and further forward but having a Phillips type player would be good competing with Onana and Garner. Not sure what happens with Gueye, I wonder if Everton will let his contract lapse...

IMG_7672.jpeg

Given what is going on elsewhere in our world this is a bit of an odd thread. Getting frustrated because we need this or need that when we clearly are on the brink of P&S at best and worst getting a further points deduction just seems strange to me
We still need things though, and we’re not under a transfer ban. We may be looking at best at loans or very carefully structured deals but we can still make signings so it’s not that ridiculous to discuss what they could / should be.

Sadly if you work hard and run that extra yard you can make it in today’s game as a premier league player, heard a few ex pros say it now and it’s true we’re a prime example of that squad full of grafters but not very good footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.