January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can't afford to spend 30M+ on a forward that is going to come straight in and improve us (Mudryk or Gakpo or similar) then I'd rather they didn't bring anyone to be honest... Work on developing McNeil and Gordon with Mykolenko and Patterson down the flanks. Pointless buying someone for 15M that would be barely better than what we have.

Eh, you can't really fault him for Van der Beak. He was really highly rated but wasn't getting game time. Turns out here just really didn't have the application.
He played like 3 or 4 times and spent his time here injured. I think he had one good game. Does that quantify a good signing these days?

He played like 3 or 4 times and spent his time here injured. I think he had one good game. Does that quantify a good signing these days?
I didn't say he was a good signing. I was saying it wasn't necessarily a bad loan. We took a shot to see what he had and it didn't work. It's not like El Ghazi.

If they can't afford to spend 30M+ on a forward that is going to come straight in and improve us (Mudryk or Gakpo or similar) then I'd rather they didn't bring anyone to be honest... Work on developing McNeil and Gordon with Mykolenko and Patterson down the flanks. Pointless buying someone for 15M that would be barely better than what we have.

Inclined to agree with you, but it would be reckless to risk not signing a forward - whether that's a striker or a winger - that does come straight in and improve us. It wasn't a good idea in the summer, but to not bring somebody in in January could well see us relegated.

The lad who kept us up last year has gone and not been replaced. If the worst were to become a possibility again, I'm not sure who in our squad would be able to drag us out of it, especially as DCL can't stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.