January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree haha just thought I'd throw a name out there. Does he play right or left wing? Hes right footed I think
When he was getting tons of assists last year he was on the left.

He's a weird one in that last year was a fluke compared to the rest of his career but it wasn't a fluke in that he got real lucky. He actually played at a high level for an entire season and went right back to average at best.

Tomorrow;
An as yet unknown name will surface

ITK’s will latch on with their wink and elbow language pretending to have had the inside track

The amateur scouts will feverishly google the stats

The tactical types will analyse YouTube 2 minute reels before making a deeply entrenched verdict

faux accountants will expound on the long term ramifications

and everybody will forget the month of wasted energy spent arguing and worrying over players linked by journalists and agents
Excellent.

....at last, it’s Friday 31st January. My understanding is, the window shuts at 11pm today ( although clubs can submit a ‘deal sheet’ between 9pm-11pm that leaves them until midnight to submit required paperwork). Here’s the final Toffee transfer round-up;

- Reports from Spain have rubbished claims that Barcelona have submitted a bid for Everton’s Brazilian international, Richarlison. ‘Sport’ report the Catalans have drawn up a list to find a replacement for the injured Louis Suarez but it is ‘economically unfeasible’ to make a big money signing until the summer.

- Gianluca Di Marzio says Everton have failed to convince Verona to sell left back Destiny Udogie. Instead the 17 year old has signed a new contract.

- The Liverpool Echo confirm a loan move to Tranmere for Everton’s U23 skipper, Morgan Feeney. The 20 year old centre-back is in the final year of his contract.

- Inside Football suggest Southampton have no intention of selling their captain, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg to Everton, but the Mail and Sky Sports reckon Spurs are set to swoop for the 24 year old midfielder.

- According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton defender Lewis Gibson is set to seal a deadline day loan move to Fleetwood Town. It is understood another loan deal for the 19 year old will be arranged in the Summer as part of the pathway mapped out in discussions for his new contract.

- Calciomercato confirm Everton target, 28 year old Uruguayan midfielder, Matias Vecino, has been taken off the transfer list at Inter Milan.

- The Star report Everton and Spurs have been put on alert because Emre Can’s move from Juventus to Borussia Dortmund has stalled. Football London, however, say the transfer is agreed and the midfielder is close to moving to Germany.

- According to Football Insider, Glasgow Rangers are assessing an injury to Jermaine Defoe before deciding whether to enquire about Everton‘s 29 year old striker, Oumar Niasse.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.