January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd have to play a 3 in midfield for him to fit. If we are planning on keeping this formation he would take Bernard's spot and as much as Evertonians seem to love Bernard, that's an easy change to make.

I'd offer silly money in the summer. He's one of the few players at a poor club that is the right age to come in and be a game changer for us for 5-10 years. I just think the way he's playing now we will be far for the best team in for him. I said in the world football forum earlier that he could replace David Silva for City and I truly believe they could do a lot worse than signing him up.

Not really.

We need better options in midfield regardless of what system we play.

He could definitely play in a two with the right player next to him.

Not really.

We need better options in midfield regardless of what system we play.

He could definitely play in a two with the right player next to him.
I have to disagree. The main reason Villa moved him out of midfield to the LW was his poor impact out of possession and unless we get Makelele reincarnated no single player in a two with him will make up for it.

Agree about getting better midfielders though. I think that goes without saying.

I think if all this is true, his head will be turned, it will be an another Gueye or Lukaku and he will be out the next window. Great work from the board getting Ancelotti in , some will disagree but in January we needed at least one big statement signing, but like city did with Robinho, if we had i don’t think the supposed Barca bid would have come in, the board should have got Ancelotti his chosen player in, he would have known straight off who he would want here.
So if we had signed a good player this window Barcelona wouldn’t have made the bid for Richarlison?

that’s interesting logic. So us signing a good player would put Barce off and they would think “holy hell, Everton have spent/wasted a load of money on James Rodriguez. They’ll be on our level soon. No point going for Richarlison. Him coming here would practically be a sideways step.”

let’s be honest. They couldn’t care less who we sign/don’t sign. They’ll bid for Richarlison if they want. It’s probably just to show interest so they can get him in the summer.

If he goes it’ll be sad. But we’ll move on. We always do.Gueye and Lukaku played some of their best football for us in their final 6 months. Playing for a move: I’ve absolutely no problem with that.

Honestly wouldn't be bothered if we signed no one this transfer window unless there is a player we actually want is available for the right price. Just ship some of the garbage out please Brands.
This, plus actually find where Gbamin has been hiding and we’re in a decent position in summer

Honestly wouldn't be bothered if we signed no one this transfer window unless there is a player we actually want is available for the right price. Just ship some of the garbage out please Brands.

This all day

Not winning anything this season so giving Ancelotti and Brands time to figure out exactly what is best to do in the summer is miiiiles preferable to adding someone like Vecino who would just become another Sigurdsson/Schneiderlin albatross around our wage bill's neck

There's thousands upon thousands of footballers out there.

If Brands can't find one "we want" for "the right price", given that's quite literally his job, then he should be shown the door.

There's thousands upon thousands of footballers out there.

If Brands can't find one "we want" for "the right price", given that's quite literally his job, then he should be shown the door.
I get that totally but January you find that teams just rip you off so would rather not waste it if the deals ain't right.

I get that totally but January you find that teams just rip you off so would rather not waste it if the deals ain't right.

But again, that's quite literally his job.

If he's so narrowly focused that he only has, say, five targets and if none of them are possible then that's it, write off the window, then he's useless.

I understand not going for the £50m target now that'll be £80m "just because", but I can not understand at all the notion that the £15m punts that may be £20m now aren't still feasible, just because you're spending a bit over the odds.

What I expect Brands is doing is waiting to see who'll blink as the window closes - Lozano/James are suddenly £10m cheaper or available for loan. That's fine for a big transfer. But what I don't understand is waiting for every target to the last minute - because that's how you end up with a panic buy Iwobi when everything else doesn't materialise.

Status
Not open for further replies.