January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Memphis Depay linked.

Did his cruciate ligament in December, so out for the rest of the season I could see him coming in the summer, but would be a risk. though allegedly we spoke to him summer 2019 and he wouldn't come becuse we were not in europe

Lozano on loan? Some Italian paper has said that today

It's not worked for him in Italy so far. we have been linked in the past, when brands first joined and he had a great world Cup. but this might just be paper talk. If we could get him on loan it could be positive, he is another LW though and I think we need RW

105B78E2-DF0A-4DE2-B9A3-CD796BDB8362.jpeg

Quick one on Depay, I know he’s had that awful injury but I did see a video on Twitter of him already doing some individual training.
Yes I know it means nothing but if his recovery is going well it could be an interesting option to pick him up now if he’s cheaper than if fit?
It’s probably nonsense anyway

It’s a tricky one because the league is so tight and Europe is still very much achievable so season shouldn’t be written-off. The right signing could be the difference between a mid-table finish and a big push towards that top 6. That said I appreciate that we have key players out injured who could make that difference and are due back soon and we have FFP hanging over us so unless the right players are available there really is no point diving into the market. Personally I still hope we bring in a good loan, it’ll boost the players and I think Carlo needs one of his own guys in there and it takes the pressure off the likes of JPG and Gomes to be rushed back.

That is incorrect. There is no point overspending. We need to get out of the financial mess, summer better, nothing much to play for so don't overpay now.

Finishing as high up as possible is a big thing to play for. I can't see Ancelotti being happy not making one signing this window. I am pretty confident there will be an incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.