January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still fairly confident we can get a Europa spot myself.

Would love a little boost myself, but yeah, defo not a Yala.
We're screwed once Villa win the League Cup.

Seriously though I doubt it. The top 7 right now are all better than us and Arsenal is lurking as well. If Ings stays hot or Sheffield United keep being impossible to figure out we suddenly are struggling for 10th.

No meltdown from me, just mild frustration. I'm tired of seeing missed opportunities to push on.

Im just content as I have realised that Everton will always be badly turd. Anything better than that is just a slight bonus.

Not only are we not one of the big 6. we aren’t even nearly as good on the field as Wolves or Leicester.

hopefully Ancelotti can change that, but until we can get rid of 70% of this shockingly bad squad of bottlers and losers his hands are tied.

We're screwed once Villa win the League Cup.

Seriously though I doubt it. The top 7 right now are all better than us and Arsenal is lurking as well. If Ings stays hot or Sheffield United keep being impossible to figure out we suddenly are struggling for 10th.

Yeah I disagree, Sheff Utd have had a better season SO FAR, but they aint better than us at all.

4 points to make up in 15 games, should be quite easy.

The games after Watford will determine our season, but currently im quite confident.
It's all about when Gomes and Gbamin get fully fit. If we go to Arsenal with those two ready to start the game we have a good shot, if we go starting Davies and Delph it'll be a sit back and pray game. A lot is riding on those two.

And we are still quite poor creatively so we need Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott to find some consistent end product. We won't be winning enough points unless we start scoring way more often.

It's all about when Gomes and Gbamin get fully fit. If we go to Arsenal with those two ready to start the game we have a good shot, if we go starting Davies and Delph it'll be a sit back and pray game. A lot is riding on those two.

And we are still quite poor creatively so we need Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott to find some consistent end product. We won't be winning enough points unless we start scoring way more often.

Vecino is our saviour.

The manager of the England under 21 team suggested that Tom Davies could play as a defensive midfielder but Marco Silva disagreed and felt that Davies was more an attacking type. I think MS was probably right and Tom Davies has been asked to do a job that doesn't suit him.
Let's wait until central midfield is occupied by players who know how to play that position before we judge anybody was shoved in there just to fill a gap.

Agree with that mate, although between him, Dom and Holgate it is Davies who still needs to kick on.
DCL wasn't exactly inspiring when he was shoved out on the left but cant stop scoring now he is playing in his natural position. The rest of this season will either make or break him. Personally I really hope he makes it as we need local lads at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.