January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a magnificent plaudit, and I wish to be associated with it! ;) Like @tommytowne I was there, aged 12, in Gwladys Street (Ground), first game on my own after a few seasons going to matches with my arl feller and/or elder brother. Proper character building day. *on topic, as for transfers I haven't got a Scooby but I'd like a mixed addition of aggressive & talented players with a winning mentality.
Just read that story battle of goodison park. Mad reading. Bremner and Collins did 2 everton players and Johnny Morrissey did Jack Charlton all in the first 4 minutes ha. Must be why Johnny was in his black book. Says this carried on for 40 minutes then a lad got on the pitch to do Billy bremner but was restrained by Morrissey. Sandy brown got sent off. Gary Sprake had missiles raining down on him and every time the ref or the Leeds players went near the touch line a barrage of missiles hit them. Ref took them off the pitch to calm things down. Goes on to say after the game a large group of Everton fans were congregated outside the ground. The Leeds coach was bricked but they were really waiting for the ref who on police advice stayed at the ground for several hours. And I thought throwing cushions on the pitch was bad in the 70s!

You responded to someone calling Vecino one-paced with KDB as an example???

It was a discussion on pace, KDB was an extreme example, but when I think of quality CMs in this league, pace isnt what I consider their BIGGEST strengths.

Gareth Barry would get beaten by a snail.

My point is that pace isnt what I personally look for in a CM, the ability to burst past somebody is very welcome and I would say KDB defo has that ability.

People are obsessed with pace, for me a CM is somebody that doesnt require Olympic standard pace.

It was a discussion on pace, KDB was an extreme example, but when I think of quality CMs in this league, pace isnt what I consider their BIGGEST strengths.

My point is that pace isnt what I personally look for in a CM, the ability to burst past somebody is very welcome and I would say KDB defo has that ability.

People are obsessed with pace, for me a CM is somebody that doesnt require Olympic standard pace.

This is brought up all the time. I'll never understand the obsession behind pace.

I agree, just busting your balls for going to extremes with comparisons.

This is brought up all the time. I'll never understand the obsession behind pace.

I understand it, we all want that big 6 foot 5 monster that hulk smashes his way through midfield and sprints like Usain Bolt from our 6-yard box and pings 1 in the top bin from 40 yards.

But yeah, we dont want no snails in there, from what ive just seen of Vecino I wouldnt call him a snail, but im judging somebody on youtube, im sure it would make Phil Neville look like Linford.

I agree, just busting your balls for going to extremes with comparisons.

Is there not a Bundesliga U23 match you could be watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.