January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you like both types, ha, I know I do, we've always had cracking wingers, Jimmy Husband, Dave Thomas, Trevor Steven, Kanchelskis, Limpar etc. McKenzie was more an inside forward, Sherry brilliant, Morrissey must have been a nightmare to play against, if you kicked him he just kicked you back harder.
Morrissey was hard as nails. He made it into jack Charlton's little black book. Players who.he wanted to hammer before he retired. Think.johnny must have upset him

I remember the days of being linked with players that would go on to be stars but we just couldn’t afford or convince them. Cech, Essien, Manolas & Ramsey the standouts I can remember, but also seen strong links that never eventuated like Agger, Deco & everyone’s favourite Riquelme

Yep i can remember them to, we were usually linked a season or a couple before they hit the stratosphere.

Smith was close to signing Deco before Deco became Deco.

Imagine Deco playing in a Walter Smith side. lol

...no idea who Nicolo Schira is, but he’s described a a ‘transfer expert’ and reckons we are closing deals on Everton Soares and Matias Vecino.

Personally, i do like the Hojbjerg links of recent days.

Do we think its sensible dropping money on central midfield players, popular logic is we have JPG and Gomes as starters, yep they are injured but surely when fit they are close to being our starting central midfield.

Schnederln is low hanging fruit, arguably Gylfi to, but unless we have deals lined up for them they are here until the summer.

Strikes me as little point just piling players on players.

I don't think we need worry about signing a couple of players in the 28-30 age bracket, in fact we probably need to do so.

We already have Holgate, Davies, Gordon,DCL,Kean and Richarlison in the 19-23 age bracket, if we were lucky enough to sign Soares he would join that age group as will Jonjoe Kenny when he come back in the summer. Gbamin is just a year above that group

There is a strong nucleus of very young players in the squad.

Schneiderlin,Sigurdsson ,Coleman and Walcott are all over thirty and some will leave but I doubt that any will be first team regulars next season which leaves us with a very young squad where a couple of experienced players would be very welcome.

Do we think its sensible dropping money on central midfield players, popular logic is we have JPG and Gomes as starters, yep they are injured but surely when fit they are close to being our starting central midfield.

Schnederln is low hanging fruit, arguably Gylfi to, but unless we have deals lined up for them they are here until the summer.

I know he's a favourite of the fans but for me Gomes shouldn't be a guaranteed starter - yes he's good on the ball and can pick a pass but to counterbalance that hes slow, cant tackle and has been inconsistent.

Would be ideal having Gbamin, a new signing and then Gomes to compete for 2 spots with Delph as cover.

Schneiderlin, Gyfi & Davies to go in the bin.

...no idea who Nicolo Schira is, but he’s described a a ‘transfer expert’ and reckons we are closing deals on Everton Soares and Matias Vecino.

Personally, i do like the Hojbjerg links of recent days.
He looks the most credible of sources.

Must have a lot of great contacts in the game , gets an awful lot right before most others.
His twitter page is like every transfer thats happening atm.

He's been reporting Pablo Mari to Arsenal , its now Breaking on SSN.
Looks very reliable.

I know he's a favourite of the fans but for me Gomes shouldn't be a guaranteed starter - yes he's good on the ball and can pick a pass but to counterbalance that hes slow, cant tackle and has been inconsistent.

Would be ideal having Gbamin, a new signing and then Gomes to compete for 2 spots with Delph as cover.

Schneiderlin, Gyfi & Davies to go in the bin.
if our players weren't inconsistent we'd be top 4 every season m8

Status
Not open for further replies.