January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know very well why they do it you little scamp, the Draft.

I assume 5th place in Eastern 6th doesnt get you anything? But 5th place in this league gets you a reward.
I'm not suggesting losing intentionally. I'm suggesting actually thinking about the future when we do stuff. I'm saying maybe just maybe have a plan that looks beyond next Saturday.

I suspect this is a mindset from the NFL or something. As soon as NFL teams cant make the playoffs they go on holiday or something?

Im almost certain every Everton fan wants, bar probably you, wants us to win every point on offer from now till May, yes the season is effectively over, with nothing meaningful to play for, but 5th is still 5th and Europa is still Europa. Europa and 5th compared to nothing and 12th is worth about 40m to the club, cant think of a better way to prepare for next season than that personally.

But im curious how you would "prepare for next season", I assume it involves playing a load of substandard players in some shape or form.
Yes. 'Preparing for next season' and 'giving the youngsters a chance' does have an initial appeal and potentially adds interest to games where nothing significant in terms of trophies or league position is at stake. The trouble is that if we lose 3 games proving that a young CB isn't good enough yet, and play out a couple of turgid draws because the senior player we try at CM just isn't much good at that particular job, then the fans will be more cheesed off and matches more devoid of entertainment than ever. Maybe the odd borderline decision to try someone might be considered more positively at this point, but I wouldn't say much more would be good or popular in the long run.

Not necessarily. Last year it would have meant maybe not playing Zouma every single gsme while Mina is healthy since Zouma wasn't coming back. This year it might mean rotating Kean in even though Richarlison and DCL are the better players. Just little things that could help out.

I also mean that we should commit to the system we want to play next season. If he wants to go 4-3-3 then he should do it now and use these games to get people comfortable and figure out who can use the system. And yes American teams do this but that's typically because American teams don't have this bizarre sense of accomplishment when they finish in 5th place.
No use trying to explain. Us Yanks are second rate supporters and don't understand what it means to be a true Evertonian

No use trying to explain. Us Yanks are second rate supporters and don't understand what it means to be a true Evertonian
artworks-000148343051-bobse9-t500x500.jpg

I don't get why people keep posting like this. Summer is when you do your business. January is for supplementing the squad if necessary (and as we aren't chasing anything it isn't necessary) and taking advantage if something is available. We don't have to be pushing for deals right now.
You mean like having your 2 starting CM's out for a very extended period of time whilst watching the team get pretty much overrun every match in CM?

Might sign someone might not. Reckon stuff in place for summer when some contracts are up and wages freed up. Wouldn't worry too much about now. Plus gbamin and gomes to come back not much point signing another midfielder unless on short term loan

We. as supporters, have been crying about how the Europa affects English teams all the time. It's an excuse. Thursday/Sunday is the same amount of time as Wed/Sat. If we want to get to Champions League you have to deal with this. Stop crying about something other teams don't seem to have an issue with.

We need a bigger squad and better players to but Carlo can do that

You mean like having your 2 starting CM's out for a very extended period of time whilst watching the team get pretty much overrun every match in CM?
No I mean like if we don't sign a player will we get relegated or will signing this player get make us a CL team. Since the answer to both is no, we isn't necessary to sign someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.