January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to accept this season is a write-off / transition and look to long-term aspirations. I'm happy to not buy in this window if it means not bringing in players that we later regret, i.e. a Schneiderlin. Although admittedly that's difficult knowing that a Euro spot is close.

Maybe our philosophy for Jan windows should be to bring in younger players with real potential to make the first team. These types of players from the lower league clubs are easier to prise away, as their clubs are usually looking to balance the books or re-invest in a proven player to gain promotion or avoid relegation. I'm pretty happy with the acquisition of Branthwaite and hope he can step up within 12 months. We just need to find a decent young mid and forward. Then hopefully in the summer we can re-assess and bring in the proven quality to have a right good go next year.

Do people believe we are safe at the moment? The way things are going you will need well over 40 points to stay up I reckon. Surely we need some new faces to ensure we don't get dragged into the mire?...

Ultimately the problem is we dont have a talisman.

We were mentally weak under Martinez/Koeman but having Lukaku up top allowed us to paper over the cracks.

If there is a way for us to go out and sign 1-2 top quality players like Koulibaly at the back or Immobile up top we have to do it.

We missed the boat with Ibrahimovic who would have been that leader on the pitch for us.

Too many garbage players with no clue or leadership.

Ultimately the problem is we dont have a talisman.

We were mentally weak under Martinez/Koeman but having Lukaku up top allowed us to paper over the cracks.

If there is a way for us to go out and sign 1-2 top quality players like Koulibaly at the back or Immobile up top we have to do it.

We missed the boat with Ibrahimovic who would have been that leader on the pitch for us.

Too many garbage players with no clue or leadership.
You're nuts. We have 3 strikers who have scored a goal in the most recent game they played. Our top scorer hit double digits with 40% of the season to go. It's literally the thing we need the least right now.

Yeah a striker and midfielder on loan would be fine with me

Either they are good and we can look at signing them perm in the summer or they are mince and we just don't sign them

Seems like the smartest way of going about it
yeah, it'd be stupid to loan out tosun and not replace him. So if we can't get a striker, we at least need an extra attacker. We play 2 up front now and have 3 strikers hence having to resort to bloody niasse. Hell, even the 3 strikers we have are all 23 or under.

Weve got 3 CFs + Niasse and Gordon.

The only way Niasse or Gordon get mins up top is if 2 of our centre forwards are out...

We dont need another one for just 14 games...

DCL and holgate have stepped up. Tom has not improved. Not given up on him yet but the way he loses the ball so easily is a concern. Kenny needs to come back. He can only improve and for me plays like he cares for the shirt

Davies is 2 years younger than DCL and Holgate remember...

Id have Holgate, Kenny, Davies and DCL in the squad...and try to bring in a couple more English young players with something to prove.

You're nuts. We have 3 strikers who have scored a goal in the most recent game they played. Our top scorer hit double digits with 40% of the season to go. It's literally the thing we need the least right now.

Exactly, the last position we need a new player is centre forward...literally every other position before that.

We draw a game and the bedwetters/cry asses come back online with the relegation kayak ffs.

No, I am merely making the point that there is a relegation battle involving about 10 teams, most of which have already or will look to strengthen this window. If we don't, we may be putting ourselves in a dangerous situation.

Watford and Southampton looked doomed a few weeks ago. Southampton are now above us..

No, I am merely making the point that there is a relegation battle involving about 10 teams, most of which have already or will look to strengthen this window. If we don't, we may be putting ourselves in a dangerous situation.

Watford and Southampton looked doomed a few weeks ago. Southampton are now above us..
So Arsenal fans should be worried too?

We have 2* as Richarlison isnt a striker- as soon as Kean gets upto speed (and providing DCL keeps on scoring) Richarlison will be back out wide with Walcott sat with splinters in his backside.

My point is we have too many young players and too many old and none with any leadership quality.

Put Lukaku in that team yesterday and that game would have been put to bed with us hitting them for 3-4.

So we either A. Need a ruthless CF

Or B. A rock solid midfield/ defence that allows us to see out tight 1-0/ 2-1 games.

I warned you all a few days ago that at some point not being able to put teams to the sword will bite us on the backside with our midfield & defence and yesterday proved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.