January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

.....it’s a matchday Tuesday, good luck to the Blues tonight. Following yesterday’s press-conference comments from Carlo Ancelotti, there’s very little transfer gossip on 21st January;

- During yesterday’s pre-match press-conference, Carlo Ancelotti responded to a question from Sky reporter Vinnie O’Connor by dismissing talk that the Toffees had any interest in Juventus midfielder, Emre Can; “I think at the last press conference I said that the names that were in the newspapers (and Eggs’ Daily round-up) were wrong. I can say the same today - they are wrong.”

- According to Football Insider, Everton have rejected bids from two clubs for defender Mason Holgate this month. One is believed to be from Newcastle, with Bournemouth and Sheffield United also interested in the 23 year old.

- Reports have suggested Brazilian starlet, Reinier, had held talks with Everton about a transfer this month but the midfielder was officially unveiled by Real Madrid yesterday as their new £27m signing. The youngster has joined on a 6 1/2 year contract from Flamengo but will start in Real’s B Team.

- Various outlets also report Everton linked 25 year old midfielder, Nabil Bentaleb is joining Newcastle United on loan from Schalke.

- The Mirror continues to suggest Everton interest in AC Milan striker, Krzysztof Piatek. After a good start, the 24 year old Polish international has fallen out of favour at the Nou Camp.
Stopped reading here (at nou camp)

Seems like all the names in the media and on here are way off the mark, never mind been fun to fill in 568 pages.

Unless some player comes available which would really suit us I think wait for summer. We can survive until then.
Fun?? It's like Chinese water torture only made tolerable by @Eggs.

- During yesterday’s pre-match press-conference, Carlo Ancelotti responded to a question from Sky reporter Vinnie O’Connor by dismissing talk that the Toffees had any interest in Juventus midfielder, Emre Can; “I think at the last press conference I said that the names that were in the newspapers (and Eggs’ Daily round-up) were wrong. I can say the same today - they are wrong.”

Great to see Carlo acknowledged your pre eminent position amongst the rumour cognoscenti @Eggs I look forward to seeing him start posting here asap...

Status
Not open for further replies.