January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They love him at psg and I miss him in Merseyside
Amazing player. So rare to find somebody like him in the game. Every bit as good as the fella from Chelsea whose name I cannot remember. Kante, that's it. Easily as good as him. Never known a player for us to have an engine on him like Gana, and so down to earth and personable too, was always going to be a popular fella in his next club. He was like puttjng a Rolls Royce engine inside a Citroen Saxo when he was playing for us.

Amazing player. So rare to find somebody like him in the game. Every bit as good as the fella from Chelsea whose name I cannot remember. Kante, that's it. Easily as good as him. Never known a player for us to have an engine on him like Gana, and so down to earth and personable too, was always going to be a popular fella in his next club. He was like puttjng a Rolls Royce engine inside a Citroen Saxo when he was playing for us.
Top player and, again, someone we bought from a currently non-elite (with all due respect to Villa) club when his career was on an upward trajectory.

We have wasted so much money on players in recent years and yet the expectation on here is that we basically should continue in the same vein.

I think it is unlikely we will sign players this month unless possibly from South America.
I think we will see loans.

I would hope that any signings we make from now on will be more targeted.
We have seen the current squad is good enough to keep us mid table at least.
Any player now joining the squad needs to be a top six or better standard of player.

I'd be really surprised if we spent big money in this window, I hope we don't because the Jan window is dreadful, I'll be happy with a loan in midfield.
I suspect we might see some activity towards deadline day but will probably be loans. I’d say it depends on brands getting shot of Martina and Niasse.

EVERTON SEEK RIGHT WINGER OPTIONS
Will Everton be seeking additional competition for Theo Walcott this month?
Speaking at the club's AGM last night, director of football Marcel Brands said that he would work with Carlo Ancelotti to seek options on the right side of midfield.
"In defence we are quite well organised with the positions and players we're happy with," Brands said.
"But because Carlo has changed the system a little bit, with 4-4-2, it means we have quite a lot of options now in central midfield, but looking a little bit less on the right side in this new system.
"We have to look at that and, of course, we are always looking for new players and we are always looking at the numbers and we have to be careful with that."

Status
Not open for further replies.