January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I am sure that the club know. Well I hope they do, you never know. But before I (or others) go spouting off, I think that it's a good question to ask. I presume that EU nationals will be treated as non-EU nationals? As for players who are here, I assume that they will have to apply for a right to stay if they meet the criteria otherwise they'll have to go through the work permit route?

Probably not worth worrying about this window. But it will be an issue soon enough.
I’m fairly sure they don’t.

As far as I can remember no definitive decisions have been taken as to how Brexit will affect football.

Although my original jibe was directed at the entire process, rather than at the club or football specifically.

Everton are interested in three foreign-based players according to the latest speculation from Sky Sports.
In addition to reiterating talk that Carlo Ancelotti is keen on bringing James Rodriguez in on loan and signing Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot, Sky claim that Belgian winger Yannick Carrasco is a target.
Carrasco, 26, currently plays for Dalian Yifang in China having had spells with Monaco and Atlético Madrid earlier in his career.
Sky's sources add that the Blues have also targeted Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake as they look to strengthen at centre-half but would face competition from Manchester City and Tottenham.

That article was originally posted by Sky as soon as the transfer window opened, for some reason it has now resurfaced. It's been well documented by the Echo that we're not interested in Rabiot, been absolutely nada of any credibility on either Carrasco or Rodriguez.

I'd expect a centre half and centre mid - both probably on loan deals whilst we deal with the haemorrhaging wage bill.

That article was originally posted by Sky as soon as the transfer window opened, for some reason it has now resurfaced. It's been well documented by the Echo that we're not interested in Rabiot, been absolutely nada of any credibility on either Carrasco or Rodriguez.

I'd expect a centre half and centre mid - both probably on loan deals whilst we deal with the haemorrhaging wage bill.
The Echo don’t have a clue. They were certain we never had an interest in Zaha and denied we bid when we had. They also listed Mark Hughes as a front runner to take over as manager and constantly threw water on the Ancelotti links. Not saying we have any interest in these players because Sky know just as little but I wouldn’t take anything the echo says as gospel

Everton are interested in three foreign-based players according to the latest speculation from Sky Sports.
In addition to reiterating talk that Carlo Ancelotti is keen on bringing James Rodriguez in on loan and signing Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot, Sky claim that Belgian winger Yannick Carrasco is a target.
Carrasco, 26, currently plays for Dalian Yifang in China having had spells with Monaco and Atlético Madrid earlier in his career.
Sky's sources add that the Blues have also targeted Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake as they look to strengthen at centre-half but would face competition from Manchester City and Tottenham.

Imagine what the wages bill would be for Rodriguez, Rabiot and Carrasco.

The Echo don’t have a clue. They were certain we never had an interest in Zaha and denied we bid when we had. They also listed Mark Hughes as a front runner to take over as manager and constantly threw water on the Ancelotti links. Not saying we have any interest in these players because Sky know just as little but I wouldn’t take anything the echo says as gospel
Sky were the ones most adamant about ancleotti to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.