January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never replaced Gana

If we can get someone in like him then it'll improve us in the middle of the park right away

Gbamin isn't going to be able to do that I think, and he needs time to get used to the English game anyway

Find someone like Gana. There has to be someone out there. How much are we paying our scouts at the end of the day? They can find someone
I think you are right. Doesn't even need to be a Gana clone. But that energy and athleticism is lacking in midfield. I think that's a key spot in the team.

No idea about Gbamin. He may be the guy, but he's been injured long term and in a new league. It's unfair to ask him to do anything but do his best in getting himself into the best shape he can before next season (and hope that this means we get him performing well this season).

If we can get someone in like him then it'll improve us in the middle of the park right away

Gbamin isn't going to be able to do that I think, and he needs time to get used to the English game anyway

Find someone like Gana. There has to be someone out there. How much are we paying our scouts at the end of the day? They can find someone
Problem is apart from Kante who does what Gana does? Gbamin came in to be the defensive player but has had a horrid time with injury so can't judge him yet.

....it’s Friday, but it’s not Crackerjack. Here’s the morning Toffee transfer rumours for 10th January;

- Beyaz TV journalist, Ertan Suzgun, reports Everton striker a Cenk Tosun has reached agreement with Crystal Palace. The 28 year old will join on loan until the end of this season and the deal will be announced today.

- Sky Sports suggest Everton look set to miss out on Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes. The 20 year old has agreed a ‘deal in principle’ to join West Ham on an 18 months loan deal that does not include an obligation to buy.

- Arena Napoli say Sassuolo is open to selling winger Jeremie Boga and Napoli has the edge over Everton as they are willing to sign the ex-Chelsea player this month for £25m-£30m.

- Goal report Everton is interested in Bologna winger, Riccardo Orsolini. Juventus and AC Milan are also keeping tabs on the 22 year old who has scored 5 goals with 5 assists this season. The Italian international joined in the summer from Juventus who have a £19m buy-back option.

- According to TuttoSport, Juventus are not keen on selling Adrien Rabiot to Everton and it would take an offer they cannot refuse for them to change their mind.

- Sky Sports report Borussia Dortmund have joined the race to sign Norwich right back, Max Aarons. Everton is one of a number of clubs interested in the £30m rated 20 year old.

- Everton has been linked with Nottingham Forest‘s 22 year old centre back, Joe Worrall, but manager Sabri Lamouchi has told reporters; “No way, with me it’s impossible. We are here to achieve a dream all together. Don’t talk to me about money, don’t talk to me about challenge. Joe Worrall is from Forest, we started a job together and I will never give permission to sell.”
CRACKERJACK!!!!

Ndidi or Douacore (spelling) would be ok for the midfield. No way Ndidi is leaving though.
Where do Leicester find these players, Kante then Ndidi, lower French leagues maybe?

The thing is Gana wasn’t great in his 2nd season. His best spell was his last 6months at the club, that Everyone remembers.

He’s a very good player, but city haven’t got a Gana, neither have Liverpool, Leicester, spurs.
It does my head in all the ex red players and journalists saying Everton need to get back to basics and scrap, fight for every ball. Dogs of war
David Moyes style.

It’s quality footballers that get you top 4 and challenging, yes they have to fight for the shirt and their teammates. But it’s not just about running around like headless chickens, tackling everything that moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.