January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now Everton are totally stuck thanks to Walsh/Koeman and Allardyce.
Gilfi-paid way over the top plus massive wages
Snides-Massive wages
Sandro- massive wages
Keane- rubbish probably on big wages
Bolasie- big wages
Cocu- on decent wages
Niassie- more wages
Tosun- again wages and won’t leave
Walcott- on big wages

They all need shifting but it’s unlikely to happen any time soon

Bang on. This will take years to fix, akin to Man Utd. Nobody is gonna pay decent money for Gylfi, Morgan, Walcott etc.. and even if they did, they sure as hell wont offer wages close to what they're currently earning.

We're a few years away from clearing the slate.

Snides-Massive wages
Sandro- massive wages
Bolasie- big wages
Cocu- on decent wages
Niassie- more wages
Walcott- on big wages

Some ridiculous signings in there. The policy of signing old, highly paid players has to stop (bolasie, schneiderlin, Walcott, even Gylfi). Let alone that all of those players had question marks over their ability to compete in a top 4-6 team, it's so short termist it's untrue.

We should have been trying to use the money to rebuild the team over a 3-5 year period not trying to buy instant success with players at or past their peak.

Snides-Massive wages
Sandro- massive wages
Bolasie- big wages
Cocu- on decent wages
Niassie- more wages
Walcott- on big wages

To be fair, when we signed all these players all the fans were overjoyed and claiming we were going to break into the top 4.

I fear there are a few more to add to that list.. Iwobi being one and Kean being another.

With hindsight we have made some terrible signings and wasted millions of pounds.

We did better when Moyes was searching for cheap diamonds.

All these players are on so much money they don’t give a stuff about Everton or its fans. They are all in it for the money... end of.

This may be extremely simplistic but I was watching the Utd City game last night and watched just how city moved the ball and when they moved the ball around the ball was touched once then passed nearly all the time. How many of our players are capable of something as basic as that? I reckon maybe 2 could but the rest couldn't trap a bag of cement. This very basic of skills should be the first on the list of attributes for any player who we sign. I know its basic and I'm sure people will say no sh!t sherlock but it appears to me that everybody we have bought recently can't even do this basic of skills its one of the reasons why we looked so inept against that lot at the weekend. Obviously there were other reasons as well but for me if you cant control a ball passed to you without it bouncing off you 5 yards you shouldnt be playing football and cetainly shouldnt be wearing an Everton shirt.

To be fair, when we signed all these players all the fans were overjoyed and claiming we were going to break into the top 4.

I fear there are a few more to add to that list.. Iwobi being one and Kean being another.

With hindsight we have made some terrible signings and wasted millions of pounds.

We did better when Moyes was searching for cheap diamonds.

All these players are on so much money they don’t give a stuff about Everton or its fans. They are all in it for the money... end of.

Does paying people less incentivize them to support Everton more?

This may be extremely simplistic but I was watching the Utd City game last night and watched just how city moved the ball and when they moved the ball around the ball was touched once then passed nearly all the time. How many of our players are capable of something as basic as that? I reckon maybe 2 could but the rest couldn't trap a bag of cement. This very basic of skills should be the first on the list of attributes for any player who we sign. I know its basic and I'm sure people will say no sh!t sherlock but it appears to me that everybody we have bought recently can't even do this basic of skills its one of the reasons why we looked so inept against that lot at the weekend. Obviously there were other reasons as well but for me if you cant control a ball passed to you without it bouncing off you 5 yards you shouldnt be playing football and cetainly shouldnt be wearing an Everton shirt.

I’d say it’s more down to confidence in themselves and confidence in their teammates at the minute in regards to faster passing and less touches.

Not paying less but maybe signing players who are young, relatively unknown, hungry and who want to work for a living.

A lot of the players we have are just mercenaries, only interested in the dollar!
Yup, Mourinho made that point when he was a pundit. He said Everton should be buying more players like Richarlison who are on an upward trajectory rather than the likes of Sigurdsson/Walcott

Some ridiculous signings in there. The policy of signing old, highly paid players has to stop (bolasie, schneiderlin, Walcott, even Gylfi). Let alone that all of those players had question marks over their ability to compete in a top 4-6 team, it's so short termist it's untrue.

We should have been trying to use the money to rebuild the team over a 3-5 year period not trying to buy instant success with players at or past their peak.

That was a deliberate policy brought in by Koeman at the time, he wanted proven players, ready for first team in most cases. Proved badly wrong it seems.

£7m for a player seems really cheap in the current market, we have been quoted as being prepared to pay loan fees of £5m. I think he is the oldest defender we have been linked with at 24, I would rather we sign someone of this age, than the u21 defenders we have been linked with.

The Steven Nzonzi links have been going on for about 4 managers now, surely we are not still interested in him, if we ever were. I read about 18 months ago that he wanted to come back to the UK because he has a child living here

....from what I’ve seen of the Santos player, he lacks a bit of pace. Pointless spending £7m on a player just because he’s cheap.

Sadly there are very few players that have the technical ability to play the way City do

Not so much that we don't have the ability to play one touch passes, but there is a definite lack of technical ability in the squad. There are very few players who are comfortable getting the ball under pressure, and even fewer who are capable of actually getting past that pressure and opening the game up. To me this is our single biggest issue, we lack players with the ability to have a big impact on games. We don't score many goals because we're only capable of scoring from gilt edged chances (and not always even then) and the players know this, meaning they very quickly lose confidence when they go behind as they don't believe they can score enough goals to get back into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.