January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the players we have been linked with makes me nervous, like Insigne, £85m, 28 years of age, very small slight player. If we bought him and he flops, no one in Italy or Spain would pay anything close to that money to take him back, it's just too much of a gamble.
I'm not saying Giroud is a better player, but he is a better bet, would be much smaller fee. He may not start ahead of DCL and Kean all the time, but would be a good option to have, better than Niasse and Tosun
I feel like Insigne is just lazy journalism tbh. I’m not expecting a ‘wow’ signing right now in Jan but you never know, who thought we’d actually snag Carlo?

I found it fascinating that CA said we don't need Strikers though, and sure enough, DCL hits form.

It could be a ploy, could be coincidence, but I just admire the fact that he's been here two minutes and property identified our priorities (maybe) quite against the flow of opinion. Happy days...

Just looking at the players we have been linked with makes me nervous, like Insigne, £85m, 28 years of age, very small slight player. If we bought him and he flops, no one in Italy or Spain would pay anything close to that money to take him back, it's just too much of a gamble.
I'm not saying Giroud is a better player, but he is a better bet, would be much smaller fee. He may not start ahead of DCL and Kean all the time, but would be a good option to have, better than Niasse and Tosun

Giroud has scored 5 goals in the last 3 seasons.

He was defo worth it 3 years ago, hes defo not now.

Ham, pineapple and plenty of chilli is a great combo on pizza. Other toppings are available.

And Carlo himself has said he expects one or two in in Jan, no?

So let’s see.

We need a centre-back (with pace/stature) so we don't have to just rely on Mina/Holgate.

We need a midfielder (but someone who can play anywhere in midfield, central or wide) with a bit of ze magic.

Those should be the priorities.

We do need a striker, but if we play the right system (which we are atm) then you can compensate for that by getting more players further upfield.

Ziyech really should be on our radar now. Ancelotti is the pull, here.

Wonder who we are looking at for center half. Maybe Carlo will have some ideas from serie a.....is that Rugani from Juve any good? They have a ton of defenders, could maybe let him go on loan..

I’d like King Carlo to resurrect Julian Draxlers career at Goodison and an all action midfielder who isn’t made of glass.
If we can get a centre half I’d like to put Michael Keane in the bin along with Niasse and Scheiderlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.