January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mate...
0_Gillingham-v-Sunderland-FA-Cup-First-Round-Replay.jpg

I was asked what I'd do if in control at EFC.

I came up with The Manifesto.

Actually, a proper manifesto would be interesting to read, and it's something I've long and genuinely thought Everton should have. We need to define the type of club we aspire to be, and include a programme of actions which will allow us to realise that vision. Playing style, buying and selling, youth development, community work, pricing policy, public relations, interaction with and involvement of fans and so on.

I think in a nutshell that whether we bring anyone in is quite simple. It depends on whether the right players are even available , AND at the right price. These facts will be determined by Brands and Ancelotti. If they aren't available then we won't be bringing anyone in.
There is no point us moaning about this , as to do otherwise is to repeat the mistakes of Walsh etc., i.e. buying dross simply because it was available.
We will then again not be able to move them on when they turn out to be sub standard.

Surely we aren’t signing players of his age?

Squad needs a healthy balance. Not sure why people are concerned that we're signing players in their prime - much rather this than another youngster that will take time to come good.

Vecino is very, very highly rated. Inter Milan have a history of making daft signings, in and out of the club, so not bothered about them wanting to flog him. Been linked to Europe's top clubs in the past 1-2 years and looks like he's a good all round centre mid. Major upgrade on what we have.

Squad needs a healthy balance. Not sure why people are concerned that we're signing players in their prime - much rather this than another youngster that will take time to come good.

Vecino is very, very highly rated. Inter Milan have a history of making daft signings, in and out of the club, so not bothered about them wanting to flog him. Been linked to Europe's top clubs in the past 1-2 years and looks like he's a good all round centre mid. Major upgrade on what we have.
Inter sold Coutinho for about £8m ffs.

They’re.

Status
Not open for further replies.