January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Brands likes the younger players but if he’s valued as highly as they say, we’re not splashing that cash on a player like Tonali. We’re not in the financial position of the big continental clubs who can take that kind of risk.

I’d say he’s exactly the type of signing we’d make if we can pursuade him.

It’s also fair to say if anyone can convince him then Ancelotti backed with Usmanov’s money maybe the man who can do so.

Young player who’s still a bit of a gamble for a huge fee but relatively low wage compared to a more established player is exactly the market we’ve been stepping into to try and get around FFP.

See the fees paid for Richarlison, Iwobi and Kean plus the wages they earn for examples.

We need a Striker alot more than we do a CB

Tosun out on loan
Niasse useless
Kean nowhere near ready
DCL average at best

How we can say we are sufficient up top is baffling.

We need a Striker alot more than we do a CB

Tosun out on loan
Niasse useless
Kean nowhere near ready
DCL average at best

How we can say we are sufficient up top is baffling.
I would have been inclined to disagree a week ago but...after seeing the stats on Pickford and our defensive performance, despite how things look at times he actually faces very few shots considering. Based on those, an average keeper would have allowed about 29 goals so far this season, and an above average closer to 26, which would put us right near the top 4-5.

Meanwhile we are well off the pace when it comes to scoring.

I would have been inclined to disagree a week ago but...after seeing the stats on Pickford and our defensive performance, despite how things look at times he actually faces very few shots considering. Based on those, an average keeper would have allowed about 29 goals so far this season, and an above average closer to 26, which would put us right near the top 4-5.

Meanwhile we are well off the pace when it comes to scoring.

Aye goals win you games its as simple as that - holgate and Mina can do a job til the seasons end imo we need a creative midfielder and a CF to put the ball in the back of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.