January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariano Diaz of Real Madrid linked for £15mil. Centre forward, 26 years old and has a good goalscoring record from a loan at Lyon and Reals youth sides.

Looks a decent player for the money...

However, I think we need to offload Niasse and Tosun first. Niasses contract is up and Tosun i hope will push for a move with the euros coming up.

Also, i think we need a centre back and centre midfielder far more than a centre forward at the moment, we have Richarlison, DCL and Kean who are all still young and developing.

The new manager will have his own thoughts but if were going to make a huge splash then Jovic and Belotti would be the two players to aim for.

For that level of player we would need a huge transfer budget and a big name manager to entice them.

It will be interesting to see if our strategy changes under a new manager.

Mariano Diaz of Real Madrid linked for £15mil. Centre forward, 26 years old and has a good goalscoring record from a loan at Lyon and Reals youth sides.

Looks a decent player for the money...

However, I think we need to offload Niasse and Tosun first. Niasses contract is up and Tosun i hope will push for a move with the euros coming up.

Also, i think we need a centre back and centre midfielder far more than a centre forward at the moment, we have Richarlison, DCL and Kean who are all still young and developing.

The new manager will have his own thoughts but if were going to make a huge splash then Jovic and Belotti would be the two players to aim for.

For that level of player we would need a huge transfer budget and a big name manager to entice them.

It will be interesting to see if our strategy changes under a new manager.

Starts for Turkey regardless so we won't be able to shift him.

Also, Jovic is extremely overrated.

Mariano Diaz would suit the PL if he can get his confidence back. Probably the best attacker of headers I've seen since the Shearer or Cahill days.

Someone mentioned James Rodriguez if we get Ancellotti and now that’s all I can think about.

I know I’m so far ahead of myself I can’t even see the present but a man can dream!

If the fine young Italian comes in, I see this season as a free ride for him. I don't want us spending £100m in January. I would like him to evaluate the squad over 5 months and then in the summer design his own squad and start next season with us all buzzing. We won't go down and wont make top 4 so he can use the season as free with the existing squad all on trial basically

Status
Not open for further replies.