January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would argue we have no-one as good as premier league professionals in our academy. Every single player we have there is raw talent leagues away from a prime premier league player. If one of those gets promoted and does well and learns his trade in the first team then it beenfits us, but these kids in the academy are still only just learning the game. Relying on them to be the B team whenever the A team get injured is not really going to work over the long run unless they were all at the level davies for example is. The chances of that being true are quite small, so i would question the approach. I would love to see a team made up of academy players winning every week like any other fan would, but realistically you cannot depend on them to fill in all the time.

I agree with the principle, I'm just saying it's not really that straightforward in practice. We've had 2 windows to get our primary targets, but we haven't managed to do it. There would be an argument that we also failed to do it in the couple of windows before that, albeit under a different regime.

I understand your point about Burnley, but is that really how it works? They look very unlikely to go down, and in the summer they'll be 6 months closer to losing him for nothing, so there are also reasons why selling now might suit them better. They would be far from the first club to cash in while the offer is there in January. Sunderland and Hull have done it in this window, we've done it in the past with Gravesen, Pienaar etc.

As I said, I'm not advocating panic buying at all, just that I don't think the position changes too much from January to July. As somebody said earlier, the reason for most business being done in the summer isn't because it's not possible in January, it's just because clubs prefer to plan properly for the season ahead. As we clearly failed to do that last summer, I wouldn't have been surprised to see us making moves this month.

Burnley want to keep Keane and it has been their stance all along. They view him as vital to ensure they stay where they are now mate. WRD seems to be saying that we're trying very hard for him, but any deal may even have to involve a loan-back (which wouldn't be the worse thing in the world I suppose). We'll see.

WRD just said

McCarthy could be off to Newcastle for £21m. If they hit this figure then he's off. Player has been happy with their offer for weeks as i've mentioned before.
Kone could be off to Aston Villa. They have enquired.
We could still get 2 first teamers in - We are certainly trying. Keane could be bought and loaned back.

The problem we are suffering is January. Clubs aren't wanting to sell their best players. More likely we will do the main business in January.

I like the sound of the Keane deal.
I dont expect any big business; would like us to get Hirst/City centre half as I imagine they will be much easier deals to complete.

Weird from the BBC on their live updates feed. They seem to be exasperated that people searched for Everton-related content on Google:

9:56

I'm really struggling to get my head around how "who did Everton sign in the transfer window" is fifth on that list.

Firstly, do you really need to go to Google to find out who your club has signed?

Secondly, Everton?

Share this post on
Transfer window questions
8d477849-4ed9-4821-8d52-8c19e59c5299.jpg

Google

Posted at 9:54
With the help of those from Google, we have found out the burning questions of football fans in the past week.

Top UK questions on the transfer window in the last seven days:

1. When does the January transfer window close?

2. When is transfer deadline day 2017?

3. When does the January transfer window open?

4. When does the Scottish transfer window shut?

5. Who did Everton sign in the transfer window?

6. When does the summer transfer window open?

7. Who have Arsenal signed in the January transfer window?

8. What is a transfer window?

9. When did the Scottish transfer window open?

10. How many players are in the summer transfer window?

Seriously lads... make yourself some sandwiches and a flask of tea. Put some good shoes on and a nice warm coat and then get out of the house for the day. .. it's like looking into a child's nursery class reading this thread. Some unreal waffle going on. Get out and enjoy life because whatever Everton do today ....it won't be because billysuperblue on GOT said it this morning.
Isnt this the point of having a forum? For fans to express their views..

Who is WRD?

WRD just said

McCarthy could be off to Newcastle for £21m. If they hit this figure then he's off. Player has been happy with their offer for weeks as i've mentioned before.
Kone could be off to Aston Villa. They have enquired.
We could still get 2 first teamers in - We are certainly trying. Keane could be bought and loaned back.

The problem we are suffering is January. Clubs aren't wanting to sell their best players. More likely we will do the main business in January.

Weird from the BBC on their live updates feed. They seem to be exasperated that people searched for Everton-related content on Google:

I'm really struggling to get my head around how "who did Everton sign in the transfer window" is fifth on that list.

Firstly, do you really need to go to Google to find out who your club has signed?

Secondly, Everton?

Share this post on

Google

With the help of those from Google, we have found out the burning questions of football fans in the past week.

Tossers

Secondly, Everton?

Share this post on

Google

11. How do I find my backside using both hands?

Secondly, Everton?

Share this post on

Google

Yet, 'when does the January transfer window open?' comes 3rd and the 10th one doesn't even make sense, but they have an issue with us being there? The BBC Live update kopites strike again.

Secondly, Everton?

Share this post on

Google

Think this needs a GOT effort to get that to number 1 to really make their heads fall off.

im pretty certain the Premier league doesnt allow you to buy a player then loan him straight back for the rest of the season. The [Poor language removed] tried it in January with Danny Ings

Can file this under no:

Jamie-Jackson.jpg

Jamie Jackson

Tosin Adarabioyo will not leave Manchester City before the window closes, despite interest from other clubs and the 19-year-old defender having only six months left on his contract. Discussions are ongoing regarding new terms and City, it is understood, are confident he will sign a fresh deal and commit himself to the club in the long term. Negotiations have become prolonged due to Adarabioyo’s demands though there is a sense an agreement will be reached in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.