January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
From [Poor language removed]....

Could Slaven Bilic use Enner Valencia to tempt Everton into Gerard Deulofeu swap deal

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic is desperate for signings this month and could use Enner Valencia's loan at Everton to his advantage.

Bilic, who played for both the Hammers and the Toffees, has endured a testing second season in charge in East London and now looks set to lose his star player Dimitri Payet.

The Sun reports that Hammers talisman Payet is desperate to return to former club Marseille as his wife has moved back to France with his children and he is homesick as a result.

The Hammers have repeatedly said they are under no pressure to sell and will not be bullied into losing their best player.

But Payet's relationship with the club's fans may now be beyond repair making an exit inevitable.

Co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold are believed to be holding out for at least £35 million before considering parting with a player who had been taken into the hearts of everyone connected with the club.

And while no deal has been agreed yet, it looks increasingly likely Bilic will have to plan the rest of the season without his main man.

The former Croatia boss was already desperate for new recruits in the January window regardless of the recent Payet bombshell.

West Ham have been criticised for a seemingly scatter gun approach to their transfer business with bids for Jermain Defoe, Robert Snodgrass, Glen Johnson and Moussa Dembele proving unsuccessful so far.

But the answer could be right under Bilic's nose if he uses Enner Valencia's season-long loan deal at Goodison Park to his advantage.

Valencia has no future at the London Stadium but has impressed of late after a slow start and a lack of game time under Ronald Koeman.

The Ecuadorian was praised by his boss after turning the recent game against Southampton on its head.

With Valencia's stock high on Merseyside, Bilic could offer the 2014 Brazil World Cup star as a makeweight in a move for attacking midfielder Gerard Deulofeu.

The 22-year-old has featured just 13 times in all competitions this season and has been linked with moves to AC Milan and Middlesbrough, as reported by Sky Sports.

With big summer signing Yannick Bolasie out for the season Koeman may be reluctant to leave Deulofeu leave.

But given the fact the former Barcelona youngster was brought to the club by Roberto Martinez and has rarely been used by his manager this term, a swap deal for West Ham's £12 million signing Valencia with some cash on top could prove tempting.

CsxDj2YdSVib106dDDlo_1453268635365368_animate.gif
Most appropriate gif response ....ever.

I more player who can go straight into starting 11 would be great. But getting rid of some more dead wood would help. Kone gibson mcgeady ..... . But if we dont being someone in it at least give koeman more time to look at davis and holgate and lookman. We are out of the cups. Doubtful we will challange for top 6 so its a great chance to see if these players can keep everton top 7 ish. If they can some strong additions in summer would help push top 6 next year.
Are we sure getting rid of dead wood is actually all that useful right now? I thought wages were limited to 7 mill above last seasons, or a certain amount above 4-5 years ago(but we are already above that amount)? In that case, maybe its to our advantage to have an artificially inflated wage bill this season, as high as we can, then cut all of the dead wood in the summer and that gives us more room to sign better players. Granted, the difference wont be huge, but couldnt it be 1-2 million in wage bill?

Given we have lost bolaise for this season, I will be worried if delefeue leaves- we need pacey/skilly wingers even if they can only play half a game.

Schneiderline was good business, lookman has been fun but to early to say if he becomes a regular first team player or not.

If we don't sign another attacking option then I hope Deulofeu is brought back into the squad.

tbf lookman has scored more than him this season already. I think even if we don't sell him he'd be on and off the bench at most. Personally thinks he has more to offer than lennon as even lennon hasn't been good this season either, at least deulofeu could produce a bit of magic from nowhere. But i don't think we'll see much more of him this season sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.