January Business Done Early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelead

Player Valuation: £950k
In past seasons we have had moyes dithering Dave last minute loan deal. Will Roberto urge the board to back him to try make that top four ??

If we can Johnny and jelavic will both move on and we will bring in a striker definitely although we are okay in defence.

So do you expect early signings or movement next Wednesday?

Tbf we made permanent signings on Moyes' last 2 January deadline days, but yeah I reckon he'll get some done early.

Martinez mentioned in his presser today that we've received two enquiries for Jelavic, so I'd imagine selling him and getting another striker in (Batashyui?) is a dead cert.

Also Heitinga is being heavily linked with West Ham (who have just had another James tomkins injured in today's game), and they look like they may want him in quickly

As long as we get in better players then by all means move these two on.
Personally I would like to see us retain Jelavic though.
Guess it depends who we get in as to how happy we will all be.
Vossen and Martins Indi would be my ideal choices.

Martinez mentioned in his presser today that we've received two enquiries for Jelavic, so I'd imagine selling him and getting another striker in (Batashyui?) is a dead cert.

Also Heitinga is being heavily linked with West Ham (who have just had another James tomkins injured in today's game), and they look like they may want him in quickly

Dont west ham wont him on loan?

I think Roberto knows who he wants now,,I do hope its not another Wiganer though, with respect to mac like.

I reckon maybe west ham could come in for both players around 5 mill . Not bad to be fair we could atleast get this belguim kid in who could replace jelavic . I think we will see around 11mill spent this jan 7 mill on that striker and 4m on a centre back with a centre mid coming on a free

Our last manager urged the board to back him in the January window so we could make the top 4.

See how that turned out?

seen Kenwright in Asda earlier on today, he was at the coin machine thing by the doors

he had with him two quality street tins full of slummy, but he was fishing out any ten bobs and twenties first

I'd say it's about as "on" as it could be

I reckon maybe west ham could come in for both players around 5 mill . Not bad to be fair we could atleast get this belguim kid in who could replace jelavic . I think we will see around 11mill spent this jan 7 mill on that striker and 4m on a centre back with a centre mid coming on a free

Think we need another winger too tbh. Not always about a manager dithering or leaving it late, depends what the selling club want to do or how much they want. Often the fee is lower on deadline day than when the window opens.

Would love Martins-indi but honestly can't see it in January. Would he want to come in and have to try and break up the jags/distin in a WC year? I think McGeady or tom Ince will come in. So too a striker with jelavic departing. Heitinga also moving on but expect a young cheap replacement for him in case of Emergancy injuries. CM is probably a cert aswell but probably will be a loan deal to see us through till the summer.

Nothing spectacular, but should be interesting with 2/3 additions I feel.

Think we could see 2 wingers and a cm in, heitinga and jelavic out as heitingas replacement is already here (alcaraz) and mirallas seems much more effect in his natural position. Up front. That way we gain a winger a cm and a striker, while increasing versatility (mirallas can still play both) and there's no issue at cb for me with jags distin stones and alcaraz. Do think we might see a cb in the summer though, one of first team potential and maybe even duffy moved on.

Last edited:
If we could move Heitinga on even to the Hammers that woudl be great, won't be a big fee thats for sure but off the wages bill. As for Jelly, sorry to see him go but does seem to not been able to put in any decent perfoamnces like when he first arrived. Wonder who the 2 clubs are that have enquired, anything in the rumour mill??

Status
Not open for further replies.