January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...you keep bringing this up. It’s not only finding clubs who are prepared to buy our unwanted players, it’s also convincing them to give up lucrative, long-term contracts. I’m really not sure how we can shift some of them, other than accepting free transfers and giving them millions to leave.

It’s Everton’s fault that we bought these individuals but it’s not Everton’s fault we can’t sell them on permanent deals.
Rational thought. Thank you

...you keep bringing this up. It’s not only finding clubs who are prepared to buy our unwanted players, it’s also convincing them to give up lucrative, long-term contracts. I’m really not sure how we can shift some of them, other than accepting free transfers and giving them millions to leave.

It’s Everton’s fault that we bought these individuals but it’s not Everton’s fault we can’t sell them on permanent deals.

We had players in the past who were shifted out on big wages (and, as highlighted already on this thread, there's players on loan now who not on exorbitant PL standard wages).

Why on earth are you making excuse after excuse for incompetence?

It’s amazing how many think that brands has the easiest job in the club. We were stupid enough to buy them for past managers and it’s set us back years but how brands does it will be interesting. We just have to trust him in what he does because up to now he has done well.

If it means just paying them off and getting them off the books and losing money I would rather do that then keep them here till their contracts run out. If it means taking a hit to start with then that’s what it takes. I think Brands will do it for what it’s worth but he has by far the hardest job by actually getting rid of them for money

We had players in the past who were shifted out on big wages (and, as highlighted already on this thread, there's players on loan not on exorbitant PL standard wages).

Why on earth are you making excuse after excuse for incompetence?

....i’m not making excuses, i’m being realistic. Sandro is nothing short of useless, yet he’s on a long contract of £80k per week. No club is willing to match that. Perhaps somebody is willing to pay him £20k, but the lad won’t leave for that (and i wouldn’t blame him). The only way I can see out of the mess is letting him go for free and paying up a large amount of his contract.

Similarly, Bolasie cost £28m and is on £80k per week. I doubt any club would pay more than £10m for him, and none would match his wages. Perhaps we could give him away and let him negotiate a lucrative signing fee.

How would you get rid of Sandro and Bolasie on permanent deals?

....i’m not making excuses, i’m being realistic. Sandro is nothing short of useless, yet he’s on a long contract of £80k per week. No club is willing to match that. Perhaps somebody is willing to pay him £20k, but the lad won’t leave for that (and i wouldn’t blame him). The only way I can see out of the mess is letting him go for free and paying up a large amount of his contract.

Similarly, Bolasie cost £28m and is on £80k per week. I doubt any club would pay more than £10m for him, and none would match his wages. Perhaps we could give him away and let him negotiate a lucrative signing fee.

Don’t ask him for solutions Eggs - he never has any.

“It’s up to Brands to figure it out not me”

An England U21 striker with potential from Liverpool is just not even remotely the same as us trying to sell Yannick pissing Bolasie.
Ha Ha.

There's ALWAYS an excuse isn't there. And Ibe sold for £15M - more fantastic potential.

Both those players found new clubs, ergo they are not "useless".

Come on, stop lowering the bar for these people.

If you dont possess the ability to sell those "crap" players then you dont (in this new Everton spending model) get to bring players in.

Brands' inability to sell is now a major problem given we sell to buy. I would have thought THAT point was obvious.
You can’t blame Brands for no one wanting to buy the deadwood we have. I’m sure he could get rid easily for pittence but we would no doubt moan at that. It’s a balancing act and one which depends on buyers - if there isn’t much interest then you need to look at the players agent.

Both those players found new clubs, ergo they are not "useless".

Come on, stop lowering the bar for these people.

...Sandro has played 22 games on loan and not scored a goal. He’s only appeared on the pitch 9 times for Real Sociadad, who were apparently keen to send him back this month only Everton refused to take him. I doubt there’ll be a queue after him in the summer.

Seriously, I don’t know how we could move him out on a permanent. We might even struggle to loan him.

Excuse me, I correct myself: we're now "sell two to buy one" according to reports this morning. Brands has to give away a couple to get 10 bob back, such is his extraordinary talent in offloading players.
Our squad is bloated with past failings in the transfer market and players who are nearing the end of their contract and likely careers. I'm amazed, that in some off the cases we've managed to loan out some of the dross that was here before Silva and Brands arrived.

Im not exactly sure what the point would be in bringing in a series of additions into the squad alongside players who are still here, taking big wages per week, but offering nothing.

The sensible thing to do is offload before we buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.