January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. And we shouldn’t spend big on a CF that isn’t better than Richarlison as a CF. I know he’s better on the left, but as a side we still should be better with maybe Lookman on the left and Bernard on the right. We haven’t seen that lineup yet, although it would be interesting.
Bernard would be wasted on the right. It's his ability to drift infield and create space for the overlapping fullback/pick passes which makes him so dangerous. Put him on the right and he's basically got to play like an orthodox winger, which frankly he doesn't look very good at.

No, he’s worth a shot. Honestly, he’s an odd player. Explosive, shows tremendous vision when he has the ball, can score sometimes like he’s the most clinic player, yet his first touch completely let’s him down and makes him look like an absolute clutz. He could be awful, but he could also be phenomenal. He catches fire and he could make all the difference in the world to this team. He’s certainly worth a punt at 14M, although my guess is that it’ll be more via incentives or otherwise and he’ll be on a big salary.

Yes, this, I am basing a lot of my opinion on this, his first touch is akin to Niasse but marginally better than Rom

Awesome, you're comparing Batsuayi with Solanke...two rubbish players.

DRKSSDL wtf

Seriously? Did you write the same when we signed Stones?

I’m saying solanke just went for 19m and has done nothing , so 18m for an inertantional striker that has scored goals in Belgium , France and Germany is good value imo

DRKSSDL is Dominic-royle-kane-Sharp-shearer-drogba-Lewin
Which is all the players I have seen him compared to on here

And no I didn’t say anyone about stones when we signed him

I’m saying solanke just went for 19m and has done nothing , so 18m for an inertantional striker that has scored goals in Belgium , France and Germany is good value imo

DRKSSDL is Dominic-royle-kane-Sharp-shearer-drogba-Lewin
Which is all the players I have seen him compared to on here

And no I didn’t say anyone about stones when we signed him

I really don't think this is working or taking off Tel.

I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I nearly posted similar the other day however, in this instance, I really do not think this guy is what we are after. Chrlsea let him go when they had no one and got Giroud last minute. If he was any good they would not have loaned him out. I know we are desperate but we need consistency, this " he is better than what we have got" argument is not enough, we need much better than what we have got, even if it means waiting.

They loaned out lukaku , KDB and Salah and sold them all. 18m for a striker that improves us and can actually finish is cheap, even if we sign a better forward in the summer 18m is still good value for a 2nd choice , we spent over 30m and are paying over 200k a week on niasse and Tuson that don’t even play

I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I nearly posted similar the other day however, in this instance, I really do not think this guy is what we are after. Chrlsea let him go when they had no one and got Giroud last minute. If he was any good they would not have loaned him out. I know we are desperate but we need consistency, this " he is better than what we have got" argument is not enough, we need much better than what we have got, even if it means waiting.

They loaned out lukaku , KDB and Salah and sold them all. 18m for a striker that improves us and can actually finish is cheap, even if we sign a better forward in the summer 18m is still good value for a 2nd choice , we spent over 30m and are paying over 200k a week on niasse and Tuson that don’t even play
I really don't think this is working or taking off Tel.

Don’t really care tbh ... just my way of remembering who he has been compared to when he leaves and stays gash like barley has . Took a lot of crap for apparently “ hating barkley “ because I didn’t think he was going to be as good as Gerard , Lampard and scholes and the same is happening now with dom. Just keeping track that’s all

Don’t really care tbh ... just my way of remembering who he has been compared to when he leaves and stays gash like barley has . Took a lot of crap for apparently “ hating barkley “ because I didn’t think he was going to be as good as Gerard , Lampard and scholes and the same is happening now with dom. Just keeping track that’s all

Saying stuff like Kane or Shearer didn't develop until they were a bit older is not providing a direct comparison to Calvert Lewin, it is merely pointing out that players develop at different stages.

Nobody seems to know what a comparison actually is these days.

Based on...?

With the exception of one dodgy story from the worst newspaper in existence before he signed claiming a "rumoured £145k p/w salary", pretty much everything else says Tosun is on £67k p/w. Considering his contract at Besiktas was £500k per YEAR, that makes a lot more sense.

Then Niasse is on somewhere between £50k and £60k p/w, depending on where you read it.

Saying stuff like Kane or Shearer didn't develop until they were a bit older is not providing a direct comparison to Calvert Lewin, it is merely pointing out that players develop at different stages.

That in a nutshell, he's not being compared to the finished product, he's being directly compared with them at the same age. I don't recall one person ever saying he'll be as good as the finished Shearer or kane he missed a H out for Henry too.

Yeh but they still don't want him back, they have problems up front but won't go near him.Chucking more money at it in the short term is not the answer, IF he improves us at all. A loan would have been better, signing another striker who is not the answer on a contract is madness.

.....it’s Friday and it’s 11th day of the January transfer window. Here’s a summary of this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- Sky Sports are one of a host of outlets linking Everton to Chelsea striker, Michy Batshuayi. The Belgian has endured a poor loan spell at Valencia and Everton are keen to bring him in if they can unload either Oumar Niasse or Cenk Tosun. The Liverpool Echo suggest Everton have no immediate plans to sign Batshuayi but that situation might change if Niasse or Tosun leaves.

- According to TurkishFootball.com, Everton are eyeing Schalke’s Left sided Centre Back, Gorkem Can. The 18 year old is eligible to play for either Germany or Turkey.

- Nikola Vlasic continues to say he has no future at Everton. The Croatian midfielder told Russian website Sportske; “honestly, I don’t believe I will be back at Everton next season”.

- The Birmingham Mail suggest Aston Villa and Everton are keeping tabs on Watford’s prolific U17 Republic of Ireland striker, Ryan Cassidy.

Ryan Cassidy love it, as many numbers as we can do Watford we should do. Also being reported this side of the Irish sea.

But when I say he’s gash and we should sell , the whole argument for not selling is that shearer and Kane etc developer late ( apparently ) and so we should keep Lewin . Bare in mind shearer went for a brutish record at 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.