January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there concerning Gylfi, he can't play in a 4-3-3 and 4-3-2-1 nullify's the system Sliva wants to play, but what can he do atm when he doesn't have the players to suit his system.
Nothing will happen until we get the players that Silva/Brands want, i heard something a few weeks ago that we won't do much during the transfer window but there is going to be massive changes in the summer, we already have players lined up for the end of the season apparently.

Nothing will happen until we get the players that Silva/Brands want, i heard something a few weeks ago that we won't do much during the transfer window but there is going to massive changes in the summer, we already have players lined up for the end of the season apparently.

January isn't the time to be buying players (too expensive), and tbh we aren't going to finish any higher then 7th so doesn't seem any point, It's interesting that you say we have a plan already in place for the summer thats very unlike Everton lol

The problem with Gana is at the moment teams are pressurising both Gyfli and Gomes (who aren't playing particularly well either) and forcing all of the ball to Gana.

Gana's brilliant at the job he does. His passing isn't - statistically - as bad as everyone would think but I agree that he is massively frustrating when he does the basics wrong.

So while I agree to an extent that Gana needs replacing - he definitely needs a back up either way and ideally that would be a player who has a better ability on the ball anyway - it might not just be so simple because Silva's system also relies on Gana's ability to fight fires all over the pitch, and not many players are as good at that as he is.

If the links to Bruno Fernandes have any substance, which I doubt like, then it could be possible that we'd look to bring in a player like that to play in a way that Bernardo Silva is now playing for City.

Basically, an energetic box-to-box playmaker who can press from the front as well, which maybe negates the need for Gana in some games.

It'll be interesting to see. Fernandes is a quality player, although doesn't ever really play in a deep two - he's either a 10 or an 8 in a flat three.
Bruno Fernandes would be a brilliant signing, caliber of player we should be aiming for - hope there’s something in the link

I think if true the idea would be to play Fernandes and Gomes together in the centre with someone behind them.

January isn't the time to be buying players (too expensive), and tbh we aren't going to finish any higher then 7th so doesn't seem any point, It's interesting that you say we have a plan already in place for the summer thats very unlike Everton lol
Yeah this Everton under Brands though, he is all about future plans and prep work, exactly what a proper DOF should be doing.

We literally have no idea Zatman.

I've seen him play once, for Gala, this season. He played well in the first half, was marked out of it in the second to an extent. Wouldn't say he's a write off, his pace would definitely cause teams issues.
Would Bruno Fernandes offer more to the side then Gyfli, what is apparent is we need 3 midfielders that can play a variety of roles within the midfield 3 we don't seem to have too many atm which might take some time to address.
He would suit the managers prefered 4-3-3 system a bit more as a better link between midfield and attack, the 4-2-3-1 is seamingly to accomodate Gylfi, in a 4-3-3 he would'nt play
I think you have hit the nail on the head there concerning Gylfi, he can't play in a 4-3-3 and 4-3-2-1 nullify's the system Sliva wants to play, but what can he do atm when he doesn't have the players to suit his system.
I'd personally rather 3 proper CM's than an attacking mid like we have now.
Nothing will happen until we get the players that Silva/Brands want, i heard something a few weeks ago that we won't do much during the transfer window but there is going to be massive changes in the summer, we already have players lined up for the end of the season apparently.

It would be a great move to bring in Fernandes.

Even if we ignore his specific ability and qualities, it would push us towards Silvas favoured 433 formation and show that there are going to be some big changes in the squad.

For starters, Gylfi and Gana would be off with Baines and Jagielkas contrats expiring + Coleman now benched it could be the beginning of a clean sweep at the club.

At least i would hope so.

It would be a great move to bring in Fernandes.

Even if we ignore his specific ability and qualities, it would push us towards Silvas favoured 433 formation and show that there are going to be some big changes in the squad.

For starters, Gylfi and Gana would be off with Baines and Jagielkas contrats expiring + Coleman now benched it could be the beginning of a clean sweep at the club.

At least i would hope so.

To suit Sliva's system these players either need to improve so they can offer more in midfield or they need to be replaced with players that can players that can play the system.

To suit Sliva's system these players either need to improve so they can offer more in midfield or they need to be replaced with players that can players that can play the system.

They have to be sold i think...

Of all our central midfielders only Gomes and Vlasic (one on loan and the other loaned) could play the 433 i think...

Could be some massive changes if Fernandes signs.

They have to be sold i think...

Of all our central midfielders only Gomes and Vlasic (one on loan and the other loaned) could play the 433 i think...

Could be some massive changes if Fernandes signs.

It's they only way I see us improving and being more completive in midfield but we can't be sentimental if we want to be challenging for the top 6 and above, we have to be ruthless and that shouldn't just concern the midfield but all over the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.