January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://stopbunching.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-to-fix-everton-part-1.html

@Timak this is a very good read (ignoring the loftus cheek mention!)...

A couple of points you mention, one being that Silva likes to counter attack at pace and the other about the full backs...

Obviously we do need a new right back...I think this will be resolved in the summer with either Kenny or Coleman sold depending on whether Kenny can outperform Coleman from now till season end. Id personally prefer Coleman sold as it frees up wages and also we should get a half decent fee for him while hes still 30.

For the centre midfield i totally agree and have been saying the same thing for quite a while now. You simply cant play Gana amd Gylfi as an effective duo in a 3 man midfield...it makes no sense. With Gomes there also its very slow.

I think Gylfi has a stay of execution till summer as hes scoring goals but Ganas neck is on the chopping board.

Also, the calls for Gomes to sign are interesting and i wonder if Silva/Brands may use him as a smokescreen while we go for other players.

If we receive a decent offer for either Sigurdsson or Gana id like to see us bring in a monster in a box to box role...they need to have a fair amount of pace too and high stamina to get up and down. A supreme nasty athlete who is very good all round...someone in the Vieira mould.

I think Sangare at Toulouse is a good shout, 6'3 and lots of power...I'd also look at Billing from Huddersfield who is 6'4 and shining for a poor team. Fairly realistic and wouldnt be expensive.

I would also play with a deep lying player, this would be my 'star player'.

If we sign Gomes (depending on performances from now until season end) i would use him depending on the opposition but i want to see us having a very physical centre so we are not bullied any longer.

Cant see all 3 in the centre being changed in the summer so would hope we bring in 1 signing this window like Sangare / Ndombele / Doucoure who can cement his place.

I agree with you that Gana and Gylfi need replacing for us to actually play the system that Sliva wants the team to play, Gana can't pass forward nor run with the ball and when he dies he looks like a deer in headlights, Gylfi as good as he is offensive he can't drop deep and defend he is a no10 when we really need no8 (who can drop back as well as move the ball forward) to link up with Gomes (if we sign him of course) in the end we need a no6 and two no8's to be in the midfield 3.

Now we're talking.

If it wasn't in A Bola that is.

D1BE3060-0EBA-4BD7-B0C6-CA1539B41383.png

Do you think the midfield of Gylfi, Gana and Gomes works?

Onyekuru doesnt look up to it i think...
We literally have no idea Zatman.

I've seen him play once, for Gala, this season. He played well in the first half, was marked out of it in the second to an extent. Wouldn't say he's a write off, his pace would definitely cause teams issues.

I agree with you that Gana and Gylfi need replacing for us to actually play the system that Sliva wants the team to play, Gana can't pass forward nor run with the ball and when he dies he looks like a deer in headlights, Gylfi as good as he is offensive he can't drop deep and defend he is a no10 when we really need no8 (who can drop back as well as move the ball forward) to link up with Gomes (if we sign him of course) in the end we need a no6 and two no8's to be in the midfield 3.
The problem with Gana is at the moment teams are pressurising both Gyfli and Gomes (who aren't playing particularly well either) and forcing all of the ball to Gana.

Gana's brilliant at the job he does. His passing isn't - statistically - as bad as everyone would think but I agree that he is massively frustrating when he does the basics wrong.

So while I agree to an extent that Gana needs replacing - he definitely needs a back up either way and ideally that would be a player who has a better ability on the ball anyway - it might not just be so simple because Silva's system also relies on Gana's ability to fight fires all over the pitch, and not many players are as good at that as he is.

If the links to Bruno Fernandes have any substance, which I doubt like, then it could be possible that we'd look to bring in a player like that to play in a way that Bernardo Silva is now playing for City.

Basically, an energetic box-to-box playmaker who can press from the front as well, which maybe negates the need for Gana in some games.

It'll be interesting to see. Fernandes is a quality player, although doesn't ever really play in a deep two - he's either a 10 or an 8 in a flat three.

The problem with Gana is at the moment teams are pressurising both Gyfli and Gomes (who aren't playing particularly well either) and forcing all of the ball to Gana.

Gana's brilliant at the job he does. His passing isn't - statistically - as bad as everyone would think but I agree that he is massively frustrating when he does the basics wrong.

So while I agree to an extent that Gana needs replacing - he definitely needs a back up either way and ideally that would be a player who has a better ability on the ball anyway - it might not just be so simple because Silva's system also relies on Gana's ability to fight fires all over the pitch, and not many players are as good at that as he is.

If the links to Bruno Fernandes have any substance, which I doubt like, then it could be possible that we'd look to bring in a player like that to play in a way that Bernardo Silva is now playing for City.

Basically, an energetic box-to-box playmaker who can press from the front as well, which maybe negates the need for Gana in some games.

It'll be interesting to see. Fernandes is a quality player, although doesn't ever really play in a deep two - he's either a 10 or an 8 in a flat three.
we have a little Brazilian magician

Bruno Fernandes would be a brilliant signing, caliber of player we should be aiming for - hope there’s something in the link

Would Bruno Fernandes offer more to the side then Gyfli, what is apparent is we need 3 midfielders that can play a variety of roles within the midfield 3 we don't seem to have too many atm which might take some time to address.

Would Bruno Fernandes offer more to the side then Gyfli, what is apparent is we need 3 midfielders that can play a variety of roles within the midfield 3 we don't seem to have too many atm which might take some time to address.
He would suit the managers prefered 4-3-3 system a bit more as a better link between midfield and attack, the 4-2-3-1 is seamingly to accomodate Gylfi, in a 4-3-3 he would'nt play

He would suit the managers prefered 4-3-3 system a bit more as a better link between midfield and attack, the 4-2-3-1 is seamingly to accomodate Gylfi, in a 4-3-3 he would'nt play

I think you have hit the nail on the head there concerning Gylfi, he can't play in a 4-3-3 and 4-3-2-1 nullify's the system Sliva wants to play, but what can he do atm when he doesn't have the players to suit his system.

Status
Not open for further replies.