January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what planet was Allardyce's football "not too bad"? As small reminder, we did not have a shot at goal for 4 games!

Talk about revisionism.

Dear God, we have just played how many games in how many days - more than any other team in the country, probably the world and the team look ragged and knackered. No athlete would ever undertake the program our team have just been through.

Can we do better, hell yes, is it a disaster, not for me.
I think the problem with the results is more so that people have wised up to where we are and had to revise expectations. Our squad on paper isn't a patch on any of the top 6. The positive to take from this season is that the new players are competitive in those comparisons so in a way that shows we are signing the right type of player. These results should act as a huge kick up the arse for the players, how they respond in the next few weeks will tell the management a lot about whether they will be here long term.

Last edited:
In what planet was Allardyce's football "not too bad"? As small reminder, we did not have a shot at goal for 4 games!

Talk about revisionism.

Dear God, we have just played how many games in how many days - more than any other team in the country, probably the world and the team look ragged and knackered. No athlete would ever undertake the program our team have just been through.

Can we do better, hell yes, is it a disaster, not for me.

what mad man has said that hahahaha remember we had a shot at home ( might have been against WBA ) and the whole crowd cheered for that first shot

good times, how we laughed

I wouldn't have a problem if we sold anyone from our team / squad. None of them are good enough to build a team around.

Pickford - big time Charlie who thinks he is miles better than he really is
Steklenberg - CBA commenting
Coleman - Sadly not the player he was before his injury
Kenny - Tony Hibbert Mk II
Baines - thanks for the memories
Digne - the only "sucess" but you can't build a team around a left back
Keane - back to his nadir of last season
Zouma - not ours
Mina - £27 million ....really
Jagielka - well he's Jagielka
Mc Carthy - can't remember his last game
Gana - the only one holding midfield together but can't pass forwards
Gomes - not ours
Davies - not ready - not sure he ever will be
Walcott - finished
Sigurdson - flatters to deceive
Bernard - no end product
DCL - see Davies
Tosun - was never good enough , would be ok for a team like Norwich
Niasse- see Tosun
Richarlison - oh yes the golden boy. Well to me he plays like a spoilt petulant child

Silva and Brands have a hell of a job - are they up to it ? Not on the evidence thus far, but you can't keep chopping and changing manager.

The players have been terrible under the last 4 managers so they must take the blame.
This is a mad tantrum.

what mad man has said that hahahaha remember we had a shot at home ( might have been against WBA ) and the whole crowd cheered for that first shot

good times, how we laughed
Yet yesterday we played the mighty Leicester City and our only shot on target (Tosun) was in the final minutes and the goalkeeper very comfortably palmed it out of danger.

Yes Sam's football was pretty bad, but the squad contained zero players he had brought in when he took the job and to be quite honest it wasn't that much worse than the current drivel we're being served up from a manager who was given many many more millions to change the squad and style of play.

Pulisic.

Just signed for Chelsea for 56m, loaned back to Dortmund for remainder of the season.

Don't get the hype with Pulisic.
Think Dortmund have done great business.
He helps them win the league and go further in the champions league whilst they trouser close to 60 big ones and they got a superior player(Sancho) for peanuts.
Need Mislinstat to start doing that for us and Brands ditto for your lot

Pulisic.

Just signed for Chelsea for 56m, loaned back to Dortmund for remainder of the season.

Bit like Keita then? These German clubs know how to get a good deal don’t they? Imagine him snapping his leg in the last few games of the season, very risky imo

This must be the longest, re-occurring "transition period" that ever existed.

First it went from Moyes' 'direct but effective' play to Martinez's 'attractive' football, which failed. Then it went from Martinez to Koeman's 'defensively-sound' system, which also failed, and then to Allardyce's 'points first' style of play, which was actually not too bad but not good or sexy enough for our fans, so now we've changed to to Silva's 'attractive' football, which is also failing big time. Full circle, we're pathetic and do not play attractive football at all and have as woeful a defence as we ever did under Martinez.

What a waste of 5-6 years since Moyes and hundreds of millions of pounds.
I can’t let the Allardyce comment without expressing my own view .
I have been watching us since the 60s and during his tenure we played the most sustained ,soporific, simplistic, uninventive , unentertaining style of football I have ever seen an Everton side produce, ever.
During the Newcastle game I almost failed to get off my backside to celebrate Walcotts goal because I didn’t believe or expect us to score.
After the Burnley game I didn’t bother with further aways despite having the opportunity, something previously unheard of.
I even entertained the thought of surrendering my ST. I wouldn’t have of course ,but the thought was there and it wasn’t during the previous 40 odd years of ups and downs.
On top of this the man was an objectionable, tedious , unpleasant oaf.
His presence here was my personal nadir as an Everton supporter.
So, yes, personally speaking it was that bad.

Yet yesterday we played the mighty Leicester City and our only shot on target (Tosun) was in the final minutes and the goalkeeper very comfortably palmed it out of danger.

Yes Sam's football was pretty bad, but the squad contained zero players he had brought in when he took the job and to be quite honest it wasn't that much worse than the current drivel we're being served up from a manager who was given many many more millions to change the squad and style of play.

don't get me wrong, I'm not getting the fact silva is getting so many excuses

if these last dozen games had come under fat sam there would be MURDER in here, he's even got far better players at his disposal

football has been horrific recently, slow boring and littered with mistakes

I have been watching us since the 60s and during his tenure we played the most sustained ,soporific, simplistic, uninventive , unentertaining style of football I have ever seen an Everton side produce, ever.
During the Newcastle game I almost failed to get off my backside to celebrate Walcotts goal because I didn’t believe or expect us to score.
After the Burnley game I didn’t bother with further aways despite having the opportunity, something previously unheard of.
I even entertained the thought of surrendering my ST. I wouldn’t have of course ,but the thought was there and it wasn’t during the previous 40 odd years of ups and downs.
Blame the board.

To be fair Walter Smith's team wasn't much better but I agree, Allardyce is the worst manager we've ever had in terms of entertainment value.

What a waste of 5-6 years since Moyes and hundreds of millions of pounds.
It's certainly been a roller-coaster and arguably you can fairly question how much we've improved on the pitch since Moyes left; we've already had false dawns.

Martinez showed us promise in terms of attacking football but then it all went awash because defensively we were poor and players seemed organised.

They soon became disenchanted. In hindsight, Koeman's football was never beautiful and soon dwindled when once again people became disenchanted.

Sam is beyond description and that the verdict is still out on Silva. A lot of teams can probably say the same out of the top sixth, so perhaps that's where we lay.

Don't get the hype with Pulisic.
Think Dortmund have done great business.
He helps them win the league and go further in the champions league whilst they trouser close to 60 big ones and they got a superior player(Sancho) for peanuts.
Need Mislinstat to start doing that for us and Brands ditto for your lot

Harder for clubs like us tho, Dortmund, Monaco and Ajax etc can get these players in young and play them in an inferior league , which means they’re less likely to flop, while also giving them CL games. They can play these players and still qualify for the cl and then sell on for massive profits and sign another 10-20 players of which a higher % are likely to be good enough for their league as it’s not as good and sell most for nominal fees and if they get 1-2 like Sancho, Pulisic , martial, sanchez, lozano etc they make very good Maloney and still compete for their leagues. For us to even get EL we have to perform most weeks and against tougher opposition meaning the model is less likely to work. It might make us more profitable but we would get the reputation of a selling club and young players would expect their big move whenever they have a good season and city etc come in for them. The only way it would for as far as winning cups or becoming CL regulars, is if we scouted 5-6 players that all progressed at the same time and to CL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.