January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if it's already been discussed but for those that don't want Bats' (I'm not buying into the Batman stuff, I just can't spell his name), would you not agree he's better than DCL and Tosun?

So by buying better than what we have, we'd improve? Isn't that how all teams improve?
How much better is he though?. His goals record in the premier is not great (at a team that create a lot of chances) and his style of play gives little else to the team.

You also need to look at the cost, both in transfer fees and wages. £40m is a lot of dough.

He may be an upgrade on what we have, and if you look at the Man City model this was exactly how they built. But the difference is they had an unlimited money pot and FFP restrictions hadn't yet come into play. We need to act smarter with our money, especially given the tens, possibly hundreds of millions we have wasted already over the last 2 years.

It's a no from me.

giphy.gif

I definitely look a lot fitter in that film clip than I do now.

Save from the time your 20s
Don’t spend money on tattoos , piercings , holidays , festival , social drug taking at the weekends , clothes and man bags , don’t tap your card for skinny white lattes and cream cheese and salmon bagel for lunch ( bring your own )
Work every hour you can for 2 years and save every week like clockwork
That’s what we did and got a mortgage with a 15% interest rate
It ain’t easy and nothing was handed to us on a plate and we didn’t make excuses

Whilst I take your point that 'nothing comes for nothing' you have in fact detailed the problem with this country since finance was so deregulated. Inflation will rise to meet the money supply. Property prices have been grossly inflated by the ever larger mortgages on offer in terms of salary multiples and payment terms. This began in the eighties. At the same time we stopped building social housing, just sold it off in fact. Financial 'Services' have been allowed to enslave the population to a lifetime of work and interest repayments. I admire your discipline, but to put a roof over your head it should not need to be quite that difficult.

As the country has manufactured less and less, the substitute has been pushing money around. Not good for the general wellbeing of the population in multiple ways. The economic model was shown for what it is when it collapsed in 2008. Unfortunately we gave it the kiss of life!

How much better is he though?. His goals record in the premier is not great (at a team that create a lot of chances) and his style of play gives little else to the team.

You also need to look at the cost, both in transfer fees and wages. £40m is a lot of dough.

He may be an upgrade on what we have, and if you look at the Man City model this was exactly how they built. But the difference is they had an unlimited money pot and FFP restrictions hadn't yet come into play. We need to act smarter with our money, especially given the tens, possibly hundreds of millions we have wasted already over the last 2 years.

It's a no from me.

He is better than Tosun and Naisse
But so is practicall every other starting CF in the league
Should we buy Deeney , Rondon , Murray ?

If we buy Bats then within 18 months ( or less ) he’s sitting on the bench getting 100k a week for scratching his testicles
We need to buy players who will go straight into our first 11 and stay there for at least 2 years while we sort out this mess of a squad
As I said earlier no point in buying squad players while we have squad players coming out of our arses

I didn't know it was 40 and, being honest, i don't think it would be anywhere near 40.
I genuinely don't believe that Newcastle, Watford and Brighton wouldn't take Tosun over what they have. The reason they don't is their aspirations are different, their finances are different and their priorities are different.

I see what you mean about "within 18 months" but it's speculation. How do you know he'll end up on the bench?

If he plays well, he elevates us up towards that top 6. He'll have had to score the goals to get us there. So he's PART of the improvement process. If we get into the top 6 and need to shift him to make way for the next tier, one of the aspiring 8-20 will take a punt on him because he will have proven to have been the difference.

Build brick by brick.

I want Werner. I think he'd be ace. But he's the level after Bats'. We get the Belgian lad in, he scores 15 goals a season (the level above Tosun who i think over a season gets you 8-10), stays for 2 years then you look for better.

We win
He wins
Everyone wins.

He may flop. But so might Werner when we hopefully eventually get someone of his calibre through the door.

After all, Shevchenko AND Crespo both flopped at Chelsea. Two of the greatest strikers Serie A has ever seen.

Fair enough. I know some people think he's alright now. Personally I think he's absolutely last, and lacks so many of the attributes that I look for in a centre half that I find it quite astonishing he's had the career he has. No clubs below us would pay more than £25m for a centre half, and no club above us would even think of signing Michael Keane in their worst nightmares, so I respectfully disagree with that suggestion.

Keane has been our best defender this season. He was terrible last season and people can't seem to get over that. I think mina will end up being our best defender for what it's worth but so far this season Keane has without a doubt been our best defender.

I didn't know it was 40 and, being honest, i don't think it would be anywhere near 40.
I genuinely don't believe that Newcastle, Watford and Brighton wouldn't take Tosun over what they have. The reason they don't is their aspirations are different, their finances are different and their priorities are different.

I see what you mean about "within 18 months" but it's speculation. How do you know he'll end up on the bench?

If he plays well, he elevates us up towards that top 6. He'll have had to score the goals to get us there. So he's PART of the improvement process. If we get into the top 6 and need to shift him to make way for the next tier, one of the aspiring 8-20 will take a punt on him because he will have proven to have been the difference.

Build brick by brick.

I want Werner. I think he'd be ace. But he's the level after Bats'. We get the Belgian lad in, he scores 15 goals a season (the level above Tosun who i think over a season gets you 8-10), stays for 2 years then you look for better.

We win
He wins
Everyone wins.

He may flop. But so might Werner when we hopefully eventually get someone of his calibre through the door.

After all, Shevchenko AND Crespo both flopped at Chelsea. Two of the greatest strikers Serie A has ever seen.

Bit harsh to say Crespo flopped. He got 1 in 2 in his first season then played 30 games in a title winning team.

Bit harsh to say Crespo flopped. He got 1 in 2 in his first season then played 30 games in a title winning team.

Yeah that's fair actually. Couldn't carry it on though over a sustained period. I thought he'd boss the league for years.

Top quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.