January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Gana replacement with much better passing range basically. If the club are set on making Gomes permanent then we need a player like Diawara next to him (i.e., extremely solid defensively but can actually pass), otherwise teams can just target Gomes and know that we have no one else in the midfield who can pass forward. Also Gana is an extremely high-energy player who's about to hit 30 so need to think about successor anyway

Can't sell him to buy, but he's an interesting prospect. Can't see us shelling out 35M for him. Apparently Wolves are after him, but they are nowhere near that valuation.

Michael Bradley and that kid who was ordained as the New Pele would suit Everton Roster for Soccer Guys.
We’d probably end up with Bradley Allen and the New Pete.

Everton that.

Perfect Gana replacement with much better passing range basically. If the club are set on making Gomes permanent then we need a player like Diawara next to him (i.e., extremely solid defensively but can actually pass), otherwise teams can just target Gomes and know that we have no one else in the midfield who can pass forward. Also Gana is an extremely high-energy player who's about to hit 30 so need to think about successor anyway

Would be a good pair but at a cost of 80 million for both an wages can you see it happening? Think Barcelona will want 40 million for Gomes, That’s 80 million for two players, I think we need a RB, CF, CB added to a 6 if Gana goes and we were to sign Gomes your talking 150 million spend from January to summer window.

in basketball they sometimes do trade offers, in 1975 kareem abdul-jabbar was traded to the LA Lakers in exchange for Brian Winters, Elmore Smith, Junior Bridgeman and Dave Meyers imagine if you could do that in football i.e. you could make an offer like bolasie, schneiderlin, mirallas and tosun for werner
Its because you trade contracts. When each player gets a new contract every time they move it makes it impossible. Don't think of the player as being the asset in this case, think that the contract is.

And it's not just basketball, it's every North American sport. I often wonder how football would be if it were run like this. You need to trade assets to get who you want, not just a player throwing a fit and getting his way.

Good post mate. The truth is that you can get great value buying lads who haven't quite worked out. You could also say this is an active part of Brands' strategy.

Actually on this note I'd have a look at Anguissa from Fulham for a Gana replacement when they go down. Reckon Fulham are just a mess as a team and it hasn't worked out for him pretty much entirely because of that. Bet could get a bargain on him like we did with Gueye (although not THAT much of a bargain).

Status
Not open for further replies.