January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually would still like us to sign Dolberg, had a "second season syndrome* dye in main to a ankle injury and then Ajax selling several important players which altered the types of player around him, but so far this year he's back looking good again, 21 years of age with huge potential upside, @BlueToff seen him much lately?

Nah mate, watched very little of Ajax this season.

Lookman is just starting his career, he looks a good prospect, but apart from playing well in the German pub league he hasnt done anything, not a single thing for us so far, granted hes hardly played, but I personally dont consider him a good player, exciting yes, but he has yet to "produce" for us.

Walcott started the season very well, hes tailed off a bit recently and whilst I would probably give Lookman a little run in the side, at their best, both bang in form, I would have to pick Walcott, based on him actually producing something in his Everton career.

Just mentioned in the Cenk thread but I've lost count of the amount of chances we get from Walcott running in that right channel between their full-back and CBs.

Lookman just doesn't do that (which is fine, it's not his game), but it does leave us with very little in terms of getting in behind a defence.

How can you say Lookman is better than Walcott?

Utterly baffling comment.
At the moment I think lookman is a great impact sub but shouldn't be starting, put him on around the 60minute mark when defenders are tiring, that's when he'll do the most damage.
It's a bad move to continue to move on so many players every window, believe we have a basis of a fantastic side and Mr Brands will have this in hand.

There is no need to move on Coleman, Gana, Keane and Walcott, they are first team regulars/squad, we need to sort Gomes and look at a CF, that's it for January

Summer a couple more, it's called controlled growth, most successful teams work the same way!

I don't believe January will be busy for us, just two and maybe three out, Morgan, Oumar and Dowell on loan
I think people get carried away and mix up a player being 'better' with the fact they may be currently performing better on the pitch, or offer more future potential.

They are not the same. Let's be honest, Walcott isn't playing anywhere near his best and ultimatly Lookman may be offering more, but that's in the short-term.
In the future i think he will be, but at the moment he still looks like a league 1 player most of the time, the odd dribble past a few defenders does not mean he should get a place in the team, he wants everything on a plate into his feet all the time. Still got a lot to learn imo and more suited to the bench.
Lookman is just starting his career, he looks a good prospect, but apart from playing well in the German pub league he hasnt done anything, not a single thing for us so far, granted hes hardly played, but I personally dont consider him a good player, exciting yes, but he has yet to "produce" for us.

Walcott started the season very well, hes tailed off a bit recently and whilst I would probably give Lookman a little run in the side, at their best, both bang in form, I would have to pick Walcott, based on him actually producing something in his Everton career.

Its quite simple really...

Walcott has hit double figures in the league in what 2 seasons? People are talking about him being a top player but 3 or 4 goals more over the season and its his usual strike rate.

He cant hit a barn door at the moment and isnt producing anything, hes conparable to Niclas Alexandersson.

As i said at the time he'd be good for 12 - 18 months but he looks like a busted flush.

Walcott has hit double figures in the league in what 2 seasons? People are talking about him being a top player but 3 or 4 goals more over the season and its his usual strike rate.

He cant hit a barn door at the moment and isnt producing anything, hes conparable to Niclas Alexandersson.

As i said at the time he'd be good for 12 - 18 months but he looks like a busted flush.

Lookman has scored 1 Premier League goal in 3 seasons.

@Rook was the first person to ever mention Lozano.

Most of the US posters spotted him before his move to PSV.

You jumped onboard the train after he was linked to us for 42m, admit Zat, you only know about players till you read about them.

Really :eek: dont you want to put the quotes from the US posters in here so we can sift through them for snippets of excitement?

Most players in foreign leagues i think people either see once and are impressed or read about them so want to watch them. Not sure what point youre making there...

Working solely on the logic of goals, which it appears you're suggesting, then Lookman has five goals (in Germany) in the last two seasons. So you're saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.