January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 times in the past few years for massive fees, Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho and buying decent players off the back of it is good business.

Sterling wasnt scouted from abroad.

If thats the criteria then lob in Rom, Stones, Rooney, Rodwell, etc etc.

They hit the jackpot with Suarez and Coutiniho, granted, but the resale value of their squads has been pretty rubbish.

Hearing we are after two additions. Source adamant.
FFS Finners
adam.jpg

How does that help our situation now?

I think we are comfortably 8-10th with the current squad + Tosun and a LB coming in this window. Would for once like to see us get a few lined up for the following window like the RS did with Keita and Van Dijk before other clubs come sniffing around.

Sterling wasnt scouted from abroad.

If thats the criteria then lob in Rom, Stones, Rooney, Rodwell, etc etc.

They hit the jackpot with Suarez and Coutiniho, granted, but the resale value of their squads has been pretty rubbish.
Yet the gulf between us and them now seems as big as ever despite FSG only averaging 24m net per season. They must be doing something right that we aren't mate, and the players you've listed that we've sold only reinforces that opinion

I watched the game today Forrest v Arsenal and to be honest I was not impressed with either Dowell or Walcott, but was very impressed with the Forrest striker Brereton and only 18 years of age and got man of match

Status
Not open for further replies.