January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lad,do you even watch football or have you just been on a 3 day bender ?
I'm happy with out current manager. Still not 100% but if he can continue with performances like we saw against Liverpool and rebuild the squad in a sustainable way then I think for the next couple of years he can move us in the right direction.

I have no interest in gross spend because it is meaningless.

I'm happy with out current manager. Still not 100% but if he can continue with performances like we saw against Liverpool and rebuild the squad in a sustainable way then I think for the next couple of years he can move us in the right direction.

I have no interest in gross spend because it is meaningless.
So it's a 3 day bender then.Thanks for clearing that up.

Walcott has been happy to sit on Arsenal’s bench for years I’m not sure he has the fight, think he’s happy to just keep ticking over at Arsenal

Transfermarkt has it at 160 million pounds on player sales over the past 18 months, and 212 million on player purchasers. So a net spend of 52 million.

and weve had at least £125m in tv revenue.

2 years worth of tv money is £250m worth.

I dont want Klaassen or Sandro out, I totally agree they should be given a chance, but and im just assuming and basing it off a few little rumours ive heard, but what if Sandros heart just isnt in it, what if hes got a bad attitude? None of this we know, hes not playing cos when he has played hes stunk the place out, personally I would be giving him and Klaassen U23 games, but the fact that neither are involved suggests we are lining up a transfer cos we dont think they are gonna cut it.

Lots of assumptions, I know, like Besic, I love him, but his times up, hes not making squads, we would be better getting him off the wage bill and getting a fee, not cos we are skint, not cos hes bad, but simply we have too many players.

Sam will know whos with him and who isnt, now granted he could be a short term appointment, but as I keep saying, the squad is full to the brim, it needs shaving, too many players walking around sulking cos they aint getting games is no good for anyone.

Our recruitment on the main has been an utter joke, wrong players bought, overpaying all over the show, thankfully we have a base with Moshiris investment and the disgusting TV money deal, things need to improve, we need a clear out and we need to replace around 10 players and replace them with 3-4 of REAL quality in the next 2-3 windows, ideally in the next 2, but hey ho.

No idea, I havent done the math properly, I would say around 170m+, but thats just a loose guess.

Agree with everything you have said - good post!

Status
Not open for further replies.