James Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-GOTTV

Player Valuation: £8m
Hi all,

I'm going to Wigan's training ground on Friday morning to meet with James Vaughan. As most of you will remember, James scored for Everton at just 17 years and 434 days making him our youngest ever goalscorer.

Although he broke into the side in 2005, he only played for Everton 52 times before he left in 2011.

Injuries played a part in hampering his progress at Goodison, but I think we can all agree that he was a decent little player on his day and its a shame things weren't different.

So, any questions you'd like me to ask? As I did with the Cottee interview I'll ensure that I read the best ones out...

Hi all,

I'm going to Wigan's training ground on Friday morning to meet with James Vaughan. As most of you will remember, James scored for Everton at just 17 years and 434 days making him our youngest ever goalscorer.

Although he broke into the side in 2005, he only played for Everton 52 times before he left in 2011.

Injuries played a part in hampering his progress at Goodison, but I think we can all agree that he was a decent little player on his day and its a shame things weren't different.

So, any questions you'd like me to ask? As I did with the Cottee interview I'll ensure that I read the best ones out...

Would he have changed his playing style, if it`d meant less injuries ?,

* If the some of the shower that play for us now had his attitude and commitment, we wouldn`t be in the mess we`re in now.

Although still not even 30 and still playing, how does he look back at the times when he was injured particularly for us when he was breaking through. Anger? Frustration?

Where did the best support come from for him? Has he himself reached out to offer players support or advice after his experiences?

Did he think he was too reckless for his own good?I remember him going for a ball at Ewood Park it was probably 70/30 in favour of Big Friedel,Vaughny almost made it but got clattered, it was his first game back too after a long lay off,can't recall a fella with as much bad luck re:injuries,I even remember the surgeon out in the states broke his own arm skiing so Vaughny didn't get his op once!! also thanks James,when his instep was sliced at Bolton and his white boot turned red in front of us I very nearly brought back my pre match pielol

He's had a good career in the lower leagues so fair play to him, got to respect anyone who actually wants to play and not just sit in the reserves collecting wages.

A question I think worth is asking him about is whether he feels Moyes gave more chances to certain young players and not others? Anichebe featured far more regularly than this lad did even though many rated Vaughan higher back when they broke through together. Seeing as Vic is now off in China or wherever he is and pretty much semi-retired at this point I think an argument can be made that Vaughan has had the more fulfilling career overall.

I don't expect him to slate the old gaffer but the perception that many had, and still have, is that Moyes preferred workhorse strikers rather than actual goalscorers.

Don't have a question really but he couldve
been a super prem player if he wasn't made out of glass.

Hi all,

Can you ask him if he also refers to age 18 and 69 days as 17 and 434 days like you?

Nothing particular to ask, but I was the youngish steward in the main stand that talked to his mum (his dad was in different seats) that day, and told her he was coming on. Did his mum say anything about the celebrations (even in the miserable main stand) when he slotted against Palace? Relative limbs for the mainstand iirc.

I really liked his style of play- fast, brash, not intimidated by any opponent. Which of his goals does he hold dearest, and which one does he think was his best Everton goal?

Could have been the striker we needed but was rushed thru too early. Then even when fit Moyes seemed to ignore him. Glad he's still managed to have a career.

Status
Not open for further replies.