Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wont agree, we've had the debate before.
I'd be interested to see what you'd class as zonal marking if you didn't think that was. I'm not being sarcastic there by the way, I just don't understand how that system could be anything other than zonal so wondering what makes you see it differently? I hope Tarkowski helps with the set piece defending however we decide to do it.

I'd be interested to see what you'd class as zonal marking if you didn't think that was. I'm not being sarcastic there by the way, I just don't understand how that system could be anything other than zonal so wondering what makes you see it differently? I hope Tarkowski helps with the set piece defending however we decide to do it.

Think our last discussion went on from this mate:

Am I way off here but could Tarkowski do a job as a defensive midfielder.
I haven't watched him a lot, just when we played burnley v us and pre season but he kinda reminds me of Barry.
If we don't have a #6 against Chelsea, throw Holgate in with godfrey and Mina in a back 3 and put him in front of them.
He doesn't have to be fast, he just needs to spray the ball about and put in defensive tackles.
Maybe try him with Iwobi in a more roving midfield roll in front of him and then a front 3 of Dele/DCL/Gordon.

So v Chelsea

---------Pickford
------Holgate, Mina, Godfrey
Patterson--------------------Mykolenko
----------Tarkowski, Iwobi
--------Gordon-------- Dele
------------------DCL

I mean the midfield probably gets over run but good for soaking up pressure and counter attacking against better teams.

I haven't watched him a lot, just when we played burnley v us and pre season but he kinda reminds me of Barry.
If we don't have a #6 against Chelsea, throw Holgate in with godfrey and Mina in a back 3 and put him in front of them.
He doesn't have to be fast, he just needs to spray the ball about and put in defensive tackles.
Maybe try him with Iwobi in a more roving midfield roll in front of him and then a front 3 of Dele/DCL/Gordon.

So v Chelsea

---------Pickford
------------------DCL

I mean the midfield probably gets over run but good for soaking up pressure and counter attacking against better teams.
You play your best players in their best positions. Tarkowski is our best defender so he plays in defence.

The skillset to play midfield is wildly different to in defence.

Also that midfield of Tarkowski and Iwobi in a 2 is absolute nightmare fuel.

So v Chelsea

---------Pickford
------------------DCL

Wow we really are in a bad way

So v Chelsea

---------Pickford
------------------DCL

Christ that lineup

Lets play a back 5 with 2 dm’s and 3 false 9’s

Actually lets just play our 10 tallest players on our goal line and our fastest on halfway for 90 minutes. Easy this football tactics thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.