Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

John BCN

Player Valuation: £950k
20220701_233425.jpg

A defender wearing the number 10 shirt? Revolutionary...

SupaStake

Player Valuation: £1m
I’ve always thought that was a mess, too. Why does the right side come first, and why does it all break down with centre backs?

Classic 4-4-2 numbering ought to be:

GK - 1
LB - 2
CB - 3
CB - 4
RB - 5
LM - 6
CM - 7
CM - 8
RM - 9
FW - 10
FW -11

But that’s nothing like what we’d expect to see thanks to goodness knows what nonsense in the late 19th / early 20th centuries.
Bout the give me an aneurysm, got the twitches and all

Paul Rideout

Player Valuation: £35m
I’ve always thought that was a mess, too. Why does the right side come first, and why does it all break down with centre backs?

Classic 4-4-2 numbering ought to be:

GK - 1
LB - 2
CB - 3
CB - 4
RB - 5
LM - 6
CM - 7
CM - 8
RM - 9
FW - 10
FW -11

But that’s nothing like what we’d expect to see thanks to goodness knows what nonsense in the late 19th / early 20th centuries.
"classic" as in never been like this??
honestly I was expecting the 'is a 4 or a 6 the DM' debate... that numbering system wrecks my head

allen

Yes, I know that's not how to spell Allan
"classic" as in never been like this??
honestly I was expecting the 'is a 4 or a 6 the DM' debate... that numbering system wrecks my head
By ‘classic’ I meant the 4-4-2 formation, not the numbering system!

My point was that if we were starting from scratch with no pre-conceived ideas about what position suits which number, we’d come up with something more uniform, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks