Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
016B3F29-BACD-4C1C-AB20-A0668FAAC59E.jpeg

This is slightly worse

We are simply the weirdest club on earth.
There are loads worse!

We are probably the weirdest high profile club though. We just keep bouncing from one farce to another letting them make just enough damage to annoy us but not enough to destroy us completely.

Things need to change as you can't keep getting away with it forever.

I’ve always thought that was a mess, too. Why does the right side come first, and why does it all break down with centre backs?

Classic 4-4-2 numbering ought to be:

GK - 1
LB - 2
CB - 3
CB - 4
RB - 5
LM - 6
CM - 7
CM - 8
RM - 9
FW - 10
FW -11

But that’s nothing like what we’d expect to see thanks to goodness knows what nonsense in the late 19th / early 20th centuries.
I think it was better in the early part of the twentieth century when the players all played without numbers and got paid hardly any wages but seemed to know their way around football pitches and seemed happy to do s, then Everton and Man. City spoiled it in the 1933 cup final by wearing numbers, it’s gone downhill since with players actually sticking up for themselves and holding the clubs to ransom with ridiculous demands for outlandish wages, I’d take the shirt numbers off them for a start and put names on their shirts that described by their ability, like [Poor language removed], Steady Eddie, Sicknote, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.