2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think you have read them mate.
Saying good blues on here are happy with us getting beat is a downright lie.When they are asked to name them them they cant , so that to me is lying.
Is that not the problem ?
No, the problem is the sheer volume of parody posters looking for an excuse to complain and hurl abuse at the manager and anyone who supports him. There is little intelligent engagement happening on here these days.

No, the problem is the sheer volume of parody posters looking for an excuse to complain and hurl abuse at the manager and anyone who supports him. There is little intelligent engagement happening on here these days.
Thats from both sides mate.

Folks telling us last week the start is better than last seasons under Carlo when it patently is not.
In fact Koeman & Silva had good starts ,so lets not make out Benitez is better than any of them.
There are some jumped the gun , but there are others are seeing the bigger picture.

Folks telling us last week the start is better than last seasons under Carlo when it patently is not.
In fact Koeman & Silva had good starts ,so lets not make out Benitez is better than any of them.
There are some jumped the gun , but there are others are seeing the bigger picture.
They spent millions get it into prospective.....,any new Manager would get a moment a transfer budget after the failure of past managers and DOF ........
Nearly 1\2 a billion spent in past seasons on high paid prima Donnas in most cases with no sell on fee......

The bigger picture is that at some point every single manager will fail. Have people jumped the gun about our start? Yes. Is backing the manager and the team a bad thing? No.

The bigger picture is that at some point every single manager will fail. Have people jumped the gun about our start? Yes. Is backing the manager and the team a bad thing? No.
I didnt say backing the team was a bad thing , just cant take some hailing Benitez with a half decent start. We've seen it all before.
My beef is I honestly dont think Benitez is a good appointment.

They spent millions get it into prospective.....,any new Manager would get a moment a transfer budget after the failure of past managers and DOF ........
Nearly 1\2 a billion spent in past seasons on high paid prima Donnas in most cases with no sell on fee......
Exactly, Joey, we have one of the best (small) squads in the league. Under the right manager, we will be challenging.

Absolute state of this.

Squad announced - bedwetting
Everton lose - biblical bedwetting
Manager explains why player wasn't involved (injured - what a shock) - manager is a liar.

Pathetic.

James top level playing days in a competative league are all but over. I'll be amazed if he gets back in for Colombia, the ommision from Copa squad should have been a massive wake up call, it clearly wasn't.

It's not for lack of ability, but a complete lack of heart. Again.

Last edited:
Absolute state of this.

Squad announced - bedwetting
Everton lose - biblical bedwetting
Manager explains why player wasn't involved (injured - what a shock) - manager is a liar.

Pathetic.

James top level playing days in a competative league are all but over. Not for ability, but a complete lack of heart. Again.

Really people questioning his heart? And how would you know... he hasn't even been on the pitch.

Its pretty simple - he's just not as fit as the first 11, he doesn't have the same endurance or the same pace/acceleration and his recovery is slow. I don't see why people have to tear him down. Its not like he's suddenly going to run faster because Benitez tells him to, even if he gives 100% it might not be enough.

He could probably play league cup games, but playing him might also give him false hope that he might be involved. It's as simple as James not fitting Rafael's gameplan. It's unfortunate for James because he deserves to get gametime for a club, any club and now he's sitting around doing nothing. I think they probably should just loan him out and pay his full wages just so he can play.

Really people questioning his heart? And how would you know... he hasn't even been on the pitch.

Its pretty simple - he's just not as fit as the first 11, he doesn't have the same endurance or the same pace/acceleration and his recovery is slow. I don't see why people have to tear him down. Its not like he's suddenly going to run faster because Benitez tells him to, even if he gives 100% it might not be enough.

He could probably play league cup games, but playing him might also give him false hope that he might be involved. It's as simple as James not fitting Rafael's gameplan. It's unfortunate for James because he deserves to get gametime for a club, any club and now he's sitting around doing nothing. I think they probably should just loan him out and pay his full wages just so he can play.
Yes I'm questioning his heart and desire to play when he's not 100%.

Real Madrid gave him away and breathed a sigh of relief.

We were offering money to clubs to take him off our hands.

No takers because he's an unbelievably talented player who cries off over a twinge. It's baggage not worth having.

I'm as disappointed as any fan who appreciates good football players, it's just a space in the squad (or two) that could be filled with somebody more useful over a season.

I know Benitez hates him - I just can't believe that he would say James felt something and so couldn't/didn't want to play, if James hasn't done just that.

It would be stupidity of the highest order from Benitez not to pick James on the bench, if he was available, due to all the injuries we had today.

James must have said something, or it's the maddest hill to die on for the FSW.
And yet, it would not be the first time that Benitez has died on that particular hill. Deja vous all over again?

Someone made a big mistake by telling James he is a world class player about 7 years ago…probably one of his agents…

As predicted when Carlo left...

If he didn't leave in the window, he'd be constantly "injured" until Jan and he'll go.

More things change, the more they stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.