2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that is an accurate, account of what happened last season, my opinion is our results and bad runs tapered off when he was injured and not in the team. We struggled for a creative force, the line breaker, that could open up a team in one brilliant creative phase of play, as such our strikers goals and the whole team dried up and we tanked. That a pretty significant influence in my opinion.

If the manager doesn't fancy him that his prerogative, im not sure that is the case, if he doesn't he stupid and i dont think he is stupid. I think its speculative. As i said earlier hes already played under manager and been away internationally with im in preseason, he fulfilled all club duties. He hasnt asked for a transfer, he hasn't bad mouthed the club, hes been professional as far as i can see. Its again tr6ying to demonize someone because you turned your face from the player, its a real trait in our fanbase, for very little evidence, not like he did a Rooney on it. I do agree though its the mangers prerogative, he will live and die by results and decisions - not picking Jamo is one. We've both been around the block long enough to know, any good will is a honey moon and two losses and the knives are out for him, at that point Jamo will become a savior. That's how quickly it turns, its inevitable.

The manager will play a dull, systemic, percentage based game - that his MO. It wont get the blood racing and i find it quite amusing that much of the criticism aimed at Moyes historically they are going to get Turbo under this manager. Ultimately football is there to be enjoyed, the natives will get restless of a certain style and we know what happens then.

As i say Jamo is special, Evertonians take to heart players of his skill, quality and Maverick ability, if we cant the club is lost, its part of our culture. I think that is why it doesn't sit well with the majority of Evertonians, playing a statistical, pragmatic, dull game preferred by a manager who isnt one of us, who prefers Iwobis and Townends over the Jamos of this world - who are the epitome of our Maverick school of science culture. Payers like Jamo should be what this club should be about and if we cant find a place for them, we've lost our identity as a club. May as well be Burnlely playing the percentages.
You're talking about ancient history. The school of science was gone before a large section of our fans were even born. For many fans our identity is one of losing without challenging. Our "success" was 5th under Moyes and 7th under anyone else. Most fans haven't seen us win a trophy. Most fans saw "success" as a hard-working side that had occasional moments of flair. Recent cult heroes include Hibbo and Straq, ironically, sure, but fondly remembered for working hard.

The culture of being the school of science died out last Century. The modern Everton culture is not one for Mavericks.

you can see why Rafael wanted him out, cos win lose or draw over the next four months, nearly half of the weekly presser is gonna be taken up with this chap.

Exactly.

His first lot of comments were a cop out but his second were, tbf, more balanced.

We have 9 subs to use. Davies and Delph seemingly both still out. But absolutely no reason not to have James on the bench on Monday.

I think we'll soon see if he has a grudge with James on Monday. If he's not on the bench we'll have our answer.

He might not be fully fit to start games, but no way will he not be in good enough condition to play 20-25 minutes if needed

That Benitez press conference and his attitude to James. lol

He wants him like he wants a dose of the clap.

You can hear from those words he's not interested in him and doesn't rate him.

James should have gone to Turkey.

I took it that James wants to leave, but that isn't an option until January, so he has to work with the team and put the team first until January and if he impresses in games, then he will get his move.

I took it that James wants to leave, but that isn't an option until January, so he has to work with the team and put the team first until January and if he impresses in games, then he will get his move.
Yep, James doesn’t want to be here. He thought he would have more suitors, now he hasn’t got his move he is sounding completely different because he knows he needs to be playing. I hope he does because he is a great talent.

Benitez has quite the ego, he wants to succeed, he wants to win and believes he's still a top manager and James is technically our best player. Benitez will find a way of including him in the squad but for this to work the pair of them need to show willing and a little compromise at times. James' is never going to be the workhorse DCL or Richie is, his body can't handle it so Rafael will need to manage that and accept he won't be able to run through walls in training. Likewise James needs to show he wants to play for Everton, he wants to be part of the group and that the team is more important than the individual and all that stuff (the pair are probably already doing those things) - they're both professionals and it's in their interests to work together. Rafael needs to keep the fans on side and playing our one real superstar will help and James wants to play for Columbia in the world cup and as he's already seen this year, they won't select him unless he's fit and playing.
Let's hope - assuming he doesn't go to the middle east -for the next few months they can put any issues aside and focus on Everton.

Yep, James doesn’t want to be here. He thought he would have more suitors, now he hasn’t got his move he is sounding completely different because he knows he needs to be playing. I hope he does because he is a great talent.

and the club also wanted him out because for his wages we need that to be on a key player - and under Benitez he won't be key

But, he's here now so it's best for all parties to work together. James is a professional and he's well liked by the squad. I said all along, to me I never actually thought he was that arsed either way. But he clearly didn't want to move to Turkey even though he'd have not dropped his wage at all. So it's not just a money thing.

He's here for 4-8 months, let's make the most of him!

Not sure that is an accurate, account of what happened last season, my opinion is our results and bad runs tapered off when he was injured and not in the team. We struggled for a creative force, the line breaker, that could open up a team in one brilliant creative phase of play, as such our strikers goals and the whole team dried up and we tanked. That a pretty significant influence in my opinion.

If the manager doesn't fancy him that his prerogative, im not sure that is the case, if he doesn't he stupid and i dont think he is stupid. I think its speculative. As i said earlier hes already played under manager and been away internationally with im in preseason, he fulfilled all club duties. He hasnt asked for a transfer, he hasn't bad mouthed the club, hes been professional as far as i can see. Its again tr6ying to demonize someone because you turned your face from the player, its a real trait in our fanbase, for very little evidence, not like he did a Rooney on it. I do agree though its the mangers prerogative, he will live and die by results and decisions - not picking Jamo is one. We've both been around the block long enough to know, any good will is a honey moon and two losses and the knives are out for him, at that point Jamo will become a savior. That's how quickly it turns, its inevitable.

The manager will play a dull, systemic, percentage based game - that his MO. It wont get the blood racing and i find it quite amusing that much of the criticism aimed at Moyes historically they are going to get Turbo under this manager. Ultimately football is there to be enjoyed, the natives will get restless of a certain style and we know what happens then.

As i say Jamo is special, Evertonians take to heart players of his skill, quality and Maverick ability, if we cant the club is lost, its part of our culture. I think that is why it doesn't sit well with the majority of Evertonians, playing a statistical, pragmatic, dull game preferred by a manager who isnt one of us, who prefers Iwobis and Townends over the Jamos of this world - who are the epitome of our Maverick school of science culture. Payers like Jamo should be what this club should be about and if we cant find a place for them, we've lost our identity as a club. May as well be Burnlely playing the percentages.
Very well said mate. Agree with every word of that.

You do realise that it's totally wasted on Dave though. That's probably 30 minutes of your life you won't get back.

Benitez has quite the ego, he wants to succeed, he wants to win and believes he's still a top manager and James is technically our best player. Benitez will find a way of including him in the squad but for this to work the pair of them need to show willing and a little compromise at times. James' is never going to be the workhorse DCL or Richie is, his body can't handle it so Rafael will need to manage that and accept he won't be able to run through walls in training. Likewise James needs to show he wants to play for Everton, he wants to be part of the group and that the team is more important than the individual and all that stuff (the pair are probably already doing those things) - they're both professionals and it's in their interests to work together. Rafael needs to keep the fans on side and playing our one real superstar will help and James wants to play for Columbia in the world cup and as he's already seen this year, they won't select him unless he's fit and playing.
Let's hope - assuming he doesn't go to the middle east -for the next few months they can put any issues aside and focus on Everton.
100% this.

Both manager and player need to be professional here and I believe they will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.