2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as if a player of his quality would have been able to break down the might that is QPR is it.

All on the kopite in charge, Agent Benitez is slowly but surely ruining us.

Swapping James Rodriguez for Salomon Rondon, excellent popcorning.
He should have signed for one of the other many clubs queuing up to buy him……oh hang on ??‍♂️

Still nothing from Everton?

I get the feeling this will be kept pretty low key as it will not be a deal that pleases the fans (I.e. it's a loan with us paying part of his wages).

Teams in Europe have been hit by the pandemic and can't afford his wage. As good as he is, with his injury record, no team can afford that wage unless it's been subsidised.

So we looked at the Porto deal but they pulled the plug anyway. We then tried Istanbul and subsidised his wage but he didn't want to go to Turkey.

The plus side with Qatar for James is the World Cup. Make no bones about it. It's a massive deal for football in that country and in Asia to have a player like this going there. So he's going to be the de facto face of Qatari football in the year leading up to the World Cup. And Mendes will have sold that to him. That's better for his chances of playing for Colombia than playing in Turkey is, btw, and anyone who thinks otherwise is extremely naive to how football politics works.

Doesn't change the fact that Everton have been desperate for this to happen, so much so that we're letting a brilliant player leave when we can't replace him for 3 months and our attackers who are currently fit would make a relegation candidate blush
Why is it better for him with his national team if he is a poster boy in Qatar, just because the World Cup is there? The football is League One standard. He will be another year older, will likely have played circa 50/60% of games. Is that going to be enough to displace someone younger, fitter, playing in a better league? Colombian national team must be in a bad state if they’re relying on James. Will be good for his bank balance and Twitch stuff but I don’t see how it helps him get back in the squad, necessarily. I’ve said it before but serious football people have seen through him.

It's not as if a player of his quality would have been able to break down the might that is QPR is it.

All on the kopite in charge, Agent Benitez is slowly but surely ruining us.

Swapping James Rodriguez for Salomon Rondon, excellent popcorning.
He should have signed for one of the other many clubs queuing up to buy him……oh hang on ??‍♂️
He froze him out at Real - he had now frozen him out at Everton.

What makes anyone think the "club" want rid?
he froze him out at 2 clubs cos he knew him, we don’t - untrustworthy simples

Status
Not open for further replies.