2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.

Or he is going to a rubbish retirement league because he has been forced out by the manager and feels like he has no other option.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Personally I don't care, players come and players go. Most of them are not that bothered if we are being honest. We are not a "destination" club and have not been for many years.
Yeah, my thoughts.

I mean the people running our football club making a series of dreadful decisions mate. There's nobody to blame but ourselves. Of course Moshiri has pumped money in, but he's given it to the wrong people to spend. Our DoF is hopeless, we've now given full charge of recruitment to Benitez who just wants his old toggers coming in just like Carlo - difference is he's brought in Townsend and Rondon who as showed the other day aren't going to be the answer.
so free transfer Townsend with a few assists and a couple of goals out of 5 appearances isn't who we should have got, and ditto Rondon on the basis of his first 60 minutes in 5 months two days ago?
Are you saying we shouldn't have bought them full stop, or there were other free transfers out there offering better value?

It closed in about 1987, we've been rubbish for my entire lifetime.

Let's not be overly dramatic Chris
It was always open Tim, the fans no matter how bad we were always appreciated and admired skilful, technically gifted players

Now they’re rather see PL journeymen running. The tide has changed, it’s closed when the fans don’t know what we once were

He has obviously reached a decent level with getting to Madrid but his career must be looked at like what could have been. All that talent but no drive and going to UAE leagues is embarrassing for a player of his calibre.

Brands must be fuming as he will have had to open his laptop by the pool to negotiate this deal.

I hope he can persuade Quatar to pay him enough to make him go there. Then we can file him with those other great Everton players David Ginola, Mark Hughes, Samuel Et'o and the rest and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.